In a nutshell
Be a guiding light! Help people navigate their challenges and live well with a rewarding career in counselling.
An online Master of Counselling with Edith Cowan University equips you with advanced, evidence-based counselling knowledge to work in a range of settings and professions.
Learn how to translate and deliver impactful counselling techniques across different modalities and unique ways you can make a difference. Put your job-ready skills into ‘real world’ action on placement and learn how to adapt to counselling in a digital realm.
Counselling skills are growing in demand. This course will prepare you to become a counsellor or enhance your existing skillset in professions like allied health, human resources, career coaching, local government support/community development roles, and youth work.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A Graduate Certificate of Counselling, with equivalents considered; AND
- A personal statement about motivations to complete the course; AND
- Submission of academic transcript, two referee reports and an online interview; AND
- Academic Admission requirements (Band 6); AND
- English Language requirements (Band 4).
In this counselling course, the subjects you may study include (including the three Graduate Certificate units):
- Foundations of Counselling Practice (Graduate Certificate)
- Theories and Techniques in Counselling (Graduate Certificate)
- The Role of the Counsellor (Graduate Certificate)
- Ethics in Counselling
- Counselling in a Digital World
- Mental Health Counselling
- Trauma Informed Counselling
- Counselling at the Cultural Interface: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People and Practice
- Child and Adolescent Counselling
- Advanced Theories and Techniques in Counselling
- Professional Field Placement (equivalent of a double-weighted unit)
Why Edith Cowan University Online?
Edith Cowan University is consistently rated in the top Australian universities for student experience and teaching quality and ranked #9 in the world for quality education in 2020.
Accessible, Flexible and Accelerated: Study anywhere, anytime with our flexible online format delivered in accelerated mode, allowing you to earn your degree and put your skills into practice sooner
Fully Supported: Be supported throughout your study journey by a personal Student Success Advisor and online learning community of like-minded students and friendly, accessible staff.
Job-Ready Skills, Relevant to Industry: Gain a wide range of skills, identified and designed by industry experts, to meet the complex and evolving needs of the industry. Our accelerated program means you graduate and put your skills into practice sooner than traditional part-time study options.
Edith Cowan University provides ongoing support to all students enrolled in online courses that encourages them to reach their potential.