In a nutshell
If you want to launch a solid career in Early Childhood Education then this dual qualification from Foundation Education could be just what you’re after. The CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Family Day Care) and CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care will give you the skills, knowledge and work experience to enter this in-demand industry.
As well as learning how to support the education and health necessities for a young child, you’ll learn how to design and develop a curriculum and how to supervise staff. If you’re thinking of opening your own family day care centre, then this course is perfect for you to turn your home into a successful place of learning and business.
You’ll need to do a compulsory work placement for 440 hours (split between both qualifications), in a childcare facility in Australia. This will give you invaluable experience to use in your getting a job in your future career.
The course will take up to 18 months for the Certificate III and up to 18 months for the Diploma.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements , students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training will be assessed and suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Family Day Care) must be completed before commencing CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
Work Placement Requirements
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at the start of the course.
For mandatory work placement (440 hours split across the 2 qualifications), students must have access to a regulated education and care service provider AND access to a qualified supervisor (a person who has a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent).
If needed, Foundation Education will assist you to organise a work placement location of your choice.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In the Certificate III course, subjects you may study include:
- CHCECE030 - Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 - Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 - Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE037 - Support children to connect with the natural environment
- CHCECE038 - Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCECE055 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE056 - Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID012* - Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCECE039 - Comply with family day care administration requirements
- CHCECE040 - Attend to daily functions in home-based child care
*This unit must be completed at an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement with Red Cross Australia so students can receive a reduced rate to do it with them.
In the Diploma course, subjects you may study include:
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness
- CHCECE041 - Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE042 - Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- CHCECE043 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE044 - Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service
- CHCECE045 - Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE047 - Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- CHCECE048 - Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- CHCECE049 - Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCECE050 - Work in partnership with children’s families
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBHRM413 - Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- CHCECE053 - Respond to grievances and complaints about the service
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.