In a nutshell
HLT45021 Certificate IV in Dental Assisting course is a fantastic way to up-skill and create new opportunities for people who have completed their Certificate III in Dental Assisting. This practical course is designed to ensure that you gain advanced skills in areas such as equipment sterilisation, managing reusable medical equipment and clinical photography. You will also gain an in-depth understanding of required medical terminology as well as practical skills such as first aid.
When completed, the course will give you access to a variety of dental care industry positions, such as Dental Assistant, Dental Therapy Assistant and Dental Sterilisation Nurse.
There are no mandatory workplace hours to complete this qualification. However, Students must have access to a dental practice, equipment for sterilisation, imaging equipment and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate IV in Dental Assisting or a higher relevant qualification to complete their course.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
Entry to this qualification is open to individuals who have achieved:
• HLT31812 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or
• HLT35015 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or
• HLT35021 Certificate III in Dental Assisting or equivalent.
In this dental assisting course, the subjects you will study include:
- HLTSTE003 - Sterilise loads
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTDEN0027 - Take a clinical photograph
- HLTSTE004 - Manage sterile stock
- HLTINF002 - Process reusable medical devices and equipment
- HLTAID011* - Provide first aid
- HLTDET001 - Construct models
*This course contains the unit, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against this unit on your student record. If you have chosen your own third-party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Foundation Education the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557