In a nutshell
The CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care from Foundation Education enables you to build on your existing knowledge and experience in child care, and move on up into leadership roles within the sector, including Centre Director or Services Manager.
You learn how to analyse information to guide children’s learning and how to foster and apply emotional intelligence.
Amongst other features of this course, you’ll gain the skills and knowledge to plan and implement educational frameworks, and how to support learning and development of teams and individuals.
This course requires 280 hours of work in a registered childcare facility, supervised by a qualified staff member able to sign off on practical demonstration elements. Where required, Foundation Education will help you arrange work placement in your choice of location.
What you’ll need
To do this course you need to have a:
- CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care; OR
- CHC30113 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care
Your skills and capabilities to do this course will be assessed and advised of during the pre-enrolment process.
Work Placement Requirements
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at the start of the course.
For mandatory work placement (280 hours), students must have access to a regulated education and care service provider, with an appropriate range of work tasks and ratios of children, AND access to a qualified supervisor (who has a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent).
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In this course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness
- CHCECE041 - Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE042 - Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- CHCECE043 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE044 - Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service
- CHCECE045 - Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE047 - Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- CHCECE048 - Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- CHCECE049 - Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCECE050 - Work in partnership with children’s families
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBHRM413 - Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- CHCECE053 - Respond to grievances and complaints about the service
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.