In a nutshell
Want to do something more with your career? Looking for a great way to be able to give back to your community? Start with a Diploma of Community Services (Case Management) (CHC52015) delivered by Hammond Institute.
This accredited course will guide you around coordinating services, communication, risk management and workplace health and safety, as well equip you with the skills and training in a variety of areas important for effective case management.
Graduate with the confidence to manage and deliver person-centred services to individuals, groups and communities – now, what could be more rewarding than that?
Because there’s simply no better way of building your skills than to get out there and get hands-on, you’ll be required to take on at least 100 hours of practical work placement.
What you’ll need
Students must meet the following admission requirements:
- Be aged 18 years or over; AND
- Undertake an LLN test: Learning (ACSF Level 4), reading (ACSF Level 4), writing (ACSF Level 4), oral communication (ACSF Level 4) and numeracy (ACSF Level 3).
In this community services course, the subject you may study include:
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCOM003 - Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 - Manage workplace health and safety
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCSM004 - Coordinate complex case requirements
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCCSM006 - Provide case management supervision
- CHCADV002 - Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCCDE011 - Implement community development strategies
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCDEV001 - Confirm client developmental status
Why Hammond Institute?
If you want to arm yourself with a qualification that can make a real difference in your community and is widely recognised, then look no further than Hammond Institute. They’re all about equipping you with the right skills, knowledge and confidence to be workplace ready, with custom-designed courses in community services, childhood education and care, and more.
Be led by trainers who are at the top of their game, and are genuinely interested in your success. Having delivered a quality training experience since 2001, you can trust Hammond Institute to help you achieve your educational goals!
Hammond Institute prides themselves on offering their students a supportive and positive study experience. To abide by their motto of “Where the student comes first”, Hammond has put in place a team of trainers and assessors to assist with questions, concerns and offer study tips, available to students 24/7.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: