In a nutshell
Please note – this course is available to Western Australian residents only.
If you are looking for a career that utilises your great communication and interpersonal skills as well as your desire to help others in the community, then this Diploma of Community Services (CHC52015) qualification from Industry Skills Training could be a great career step. This qualification is also ideal for people already working in the community services sector who wish to expand their knowledge in the field and further their career.
The course will teach you essential skills required for holding positions involved in community services, case management and social housing that focus on management, coordination and delivery of person-centred services to individuals, groups and various communities. By acquiring skills such as facilitating workplace debriefing and support processes, managing legal and ethical compliance, assessing and promoting social, emotional and physical well-being, providing advocacy and representation services and development and facilitation of all aspects of case management, you will be able to confidently perform in a range of community services positions across a broad spectrum of organisations.
This qualification will also enable you to work autonomously under broad directions from senior management, as well as to oversee the work of junior staff members.
Note: This course is available through the Jobs & Skills WA Priority Industry Training and Lower Fees, Local Skills programs and discount is available for eligible students. Enquire now to find out if you qualify.
What you’ll need
There are no formal academic entry requirements for this course.
Students will need to provide their Unique Student Identifier (USI) which we can assist with, photo identification and meet the language, literacy and numeracy requirements.
When obtaining the Community Services (CHC52015) qualification from Industry Skills Training, you may study the following subjects (total of 16 units):
- CHCCCS007 - Develop & implement services programs
- CHCCOM003 - Develop workplace communication strategies
- CHCDEV002 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on clients in community work and services
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS004 - Manage work health and safety
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCDIS008 - Facilitate community participation and social inclusion
- CHCADV002 - Provide advocacy and representation services
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCCDE003 - Work within a community development framework
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
Why Industry Skills Training?
Industry Skills Training (IST) is a new and rapidly growing registered training organisation located in WA. It is a specialist registered training organisation (RTO) that has been delivering quality education by personnel that are highly skilled professionals with substantial knowledge through experience at the front line of the industry and education sectors. They deliver a growing scope of nationally recognised qualifications and training, and also provide pathways for those who are interested in furthering their studies.
Courses are available in the Business, Community Services, Warehousing & Logistics, Retail, and Construction sectors. All course material goes through thorough quality audits to ensure that you only receive the very best in training. Every student has access to their very own dedicated course mentor, who will be there to support you throughout your entire studies.
Industry Skills Training is a trading name for Australian College of Finance Pty Ltd which is a Registered Training Organisation (RTO 40486)
IST is continuously growing as a Registered Training Organisation, doing their best to provide our students with the best possible education we can by providing a flexible, easy to access way of learning with the support of their many trainers and support officers along the way.
They have a team full of young, vibrant and professional individuals with a strong dedication to putting you and all of your educational needs first. Their aim is to provide you with the skill set and support you need to help you achieve your goals.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: