In a nutshell
If you enjoy working with children and are looking to start a fulfilling career in education, then this CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support qualification from Insight Training could be exactly what you’re looking for.
This contemporary course will give you all the required skills and knowledge to commence working in one of many classroom based roles available nationally. This could be a great career choice as the demand for classroom assistants has been steadily growing and the number of available roles will top 133,000 by 2024.
Through studying for this qualification you will learn crucial skills such as how to meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment, how to contribute to the planning and implementation of educational programs, how to support the development of literacy and oral language skills, how to support students with additional needs in the classroom and how to support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education. On completion of the course you will become fully qualified to undertake a range of teach aide or assistant roles in almost any educational institution. This course also entails 100 hours of supervised work placement, designed to give you real-world experience prior to commencing employment in the field.
You have a choice of studying this course in-classroom at one of our campuses (in Morley, Joondalup or Rockingham) or studying 100% online. Please note that both options still involve the practical work experience component.
This CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support has WA government funding from the Jobs and Skills WA program, which applies to eligible WA residents.
This course uses the following delivery methods, please take this into account when assessing course suitability:
- On Campus / Classroom – you will need to attend daytime classes at one of Insight Training’s campuses at Morley, Rockingham or Joondalup in order to complete this course. This study mode is government funded.
Please Note: This course is NOT available to people on a 500 or 600 visa.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal entry requirements for this qualification, it is preferred that students have obtained a minimum of a School Certificate or equivalent.
Studying for this qualification consists of a range of practical tasks, and in order to meet workplace experience and job role expectations, students should be physically, mentally and emotionally healthy to meet duty of care obligations.
Students will be required to complete and pass a Working with Children Check/Police Clearance in the state or territory that they are working in prior to commencing child related work (this includes work placement).
While completing the CHC30221 Certificate III in School Based Education Support qualification from Insight Training, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCEDS033 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in an education support environment
- CHCEDS034 - Contribute to the planning and implementation of educational programs
- CHCEDS035 - Contribute to student education in all developmental domains
- CHCEDS036 - Support the development of literacy and oral language skills
- CHCEDS037 - Support the development of numeracy skills
- CHCEDS057 - Support students with additional needs in the classroom
- CHCEDS059 - Contribute to the health, safety and well-being of students
- CHCEDS060 - Work effectively with students and colleagues
- CHCEDS061 - Support responsible student behaviour
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples’ culture
- CHCEDS048 - Work with students in need of additional learning support
- CHCEDS050 - Support Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander education
- CHCEDS056 - Provide support to students with autism spectrum disorder
- HLTAID012 - Provide first aid in an education and care setting
Why Insight Training?
Since its inception in 2010, Insight Training (RTO 32142) has been one of Western Australia’s most respected vocational education and training providers.
Through close consultation with industry leaders, they have been able to help thousands of course attendees with modern and industry-relevant training, and their students have gone on to enjoy successful and fulfilling careers in their chosen fields.
Insight Training offers a huge range online and classroom-based courses in the fields of Aged Care, Early Childhood Education and Care, Community Services, Business & Management, Disability and Retail.
Their campuses in Joondalup, Morley, Rockingham and Rockingham East are well-equipped and provide students with a comfortable and motivating learning environment.
Insight Training trainers are inspiring industry professionals who are committed to providing students with the best opportunity to learn and develop both personally and professionally.
Insight Training features an unparalleled student support program that is designed to ensure that all students can achieve optimum success in a minimum amount of time, and that after graduation they have all the skills and confidence required to commence employment or progress their careers in their chosen sectors.
Many of the courses offered qualify for government subsidies which mean that students will not be placed under financial stress, and Insight Training offers a number of easy payment plans that make it even easier for students to complete their courses without a major impact on their lifestyles.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: