In a nutshell
If you possess a strong sense of compassion and excellent communication skills, and are looking to commence a rewarding career based on helping people in your community, then this CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health qualification from Insight Training could be just the course you’re looking for.
Focus on mental health in Australia is on the rise, as is the demand for trained mental health professionals nationally, and this course is specifically designed to give you all the necessary skills and knowledge, as well as confidence, to join this fast growing industry. By learning essential skills such as how to assess and promote social, emotional and physical well-being, how to recognise and respond to crisis situations, how to provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drug issues and how to work collaboratively with the care network and other services you will set yourself up to perform competently in one of many community or individual mental health support roles available throughout the country. This qualification will provide the basis for a fulfilling that will see you making a real difference in the community.
This course features 80 hours of practical work that will ensure that you are fully prepared to put your newly gained skills to use in real-world situations.
You have a choice of studying this course online (blended with virtual classes), or by correspondence. Please note that both options still involve the practical work experience component.
After successful completion of this course, you may like to do further study with the CHC52015 Diploma of Community Services.
This CHC43315 Certificate in Mental Health qualification from Insight Training has government funding from the Jobs and Skills WA program, which applies to eligible WA residents, and is also backed by the WA and Commonwealth Government funding initiative “Free in 23”, where eligible students can enrol in a select group of courses at no cost. Enquire today to see if you qualify!
This course uses the following delivery methods, please take this into account when assessing course suitability:
- Blended with virtual classes – you can do the whole course online but you do need to attend some online classes at specific times (a couple of nights per week) with trainers. This study mode is government funded and is the most popular type of study mode used by students at Insight Training.
Please Note: This course is NOT available to people on a 500 or 600 visa.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal entry requirements for this course, students will need to be aged 17 or over.
Students under the age of 18 will require parental or guardian permission to enrol. Students will also need to be at least 18 years old to start their compulsory work placement and complete the certificate.
While completing the CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health qualification from Insight Training, you will need to successfully undertake a total of 15 units:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and-or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCMHS002 - Establish a self-directed recovery relationship
- CHCMHS003 - Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS004 - Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drug issues
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCMHS008 - Promote and facilitate self-advocacy
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical well-being
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- HLTWHS006 - Manage personal stressors in the work environment
- CHCCCS017 - Provide loss and grief support
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Why Insight Training?
Since its inception in 2010, Insight Training (RTO 32142) has been one of Western Australia’s most respected vocational education and training providers.
Through close consultation with industry leaders, they have been able to help thousands of course attendees with modern and industry-relevant training, and their students have gone on to enjoy successful and fulfilling careers in their chosen fields.
Insight Training offers a huge range online and classroom-based courses in the fields of Aged Care, Early Childhood Education and Care, Community Services, Business & Management, Disability and Retail.
Their campuses in Joondalup, Morley, Rockingham and Rockingham East are well-equipped and provide students with a comfortable and motivating learning environment.
Insight Training trainers are inspiring industry professionals who are committed to providing students with the best opportunity to learn and develop both personally and professionally.
Insight Training features an unparalleled student support program that is designed to ensure that all students can achieve optimum success in a minimum amount of time, and that after graduation they have all the skills and confidence required to commence employment or progress their careers in their chosen sectors.
Many of the courses offered qualify for government subsidies which mean that students will not be placed under financial stress, and Insight Training offers a number of easy payment plans that make it even easier for students to complete their courses without a major impact on their lifestyles.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: