In a nutshell
If you are a great communicator looking to start a career that is based on positively impacting people’s lives, or are currently in a position that involves counselling and are looking to further your career, then this CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling qualification from The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP) could be exactly what you’re looking for.
This nationally accredited certification equips individuals with the essential skills and knowledge required for a career as a professional Counsellor, whether in government or private setting. The program enables participants to cultivate the expertise necessary for counselling clients, families, or organisations’ staff members through challenges such as grief, loss, and significant life changes. The course also emphasises the ability to provide counselling support within the context of performance management processes.
This Diploma of Counselling course:
- Is recognised as one of the top two ACA (Australian Counselling Association) training providers.
- Has no work placement requirement for participants.
- Offers live and facilitated 3-hour monthly group practice sessions.
- Includes 10 bonus live and facilitated masterclasses on various topics.
- Provides training to become a capable, confident, and qualified Counsellor.
- Offers specialisation add-ons and opportunities for employment as a Counsellor, Case Manager/Worker, or starting your own business (recommended with supervision).
This course involves 100 hours of practical work exercises aimed at providing you with real life experience prior to graduation.
“Study CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling” a video by the Institute of Applied Psychology | RTO#70206
What you’ll need
This course is suitable for those considering wishing to start a career as a Counsellor or are already working in the field. Students should be:
- Aged 21 or over and have completed their HSC or equivalent; OR
- Current industry workers who have over three years of work experience and wish to upgrade their skills; OR
- Current industry workers who wish to have their current skills and knowledge recognised through a qualification; OR
- People working in other industries wanting to change careers.
While completing the CHC51015 Diploma of Counselling qualification from The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP), you will cover the following subjects:
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL002 - Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- CHCCSL003 - Facilitate the counselling relationship and process
- CHCCSL004 - Research and apply personality and development theories
- CHCCSL005 - Apply learning theories in counselling
- CHCCSL006 - Select and use counselling therapies
- CHCCSL007 - Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
- CHCCSM005 - Develop, facilitate and review all aspects of case management
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
You will also complete four elective units based on your choice of specialisation: either the standard Diploma of Counselling electives, or a mental health specialisation, or a grief and loss specialisation, or choose a unique specialisation in clinical hypnosis.
Why The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP)?
The Institute of Applied Psychology (IAP) (RTO: 70206) stands out as an award-winning and globally recognised training provider specialising in advanced, cutting-edge strategic approaches to Counselling, Mental Health, Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP), Hypnotherapy, and Strategic Psychotherapy. IAP are committed to developing an understanding of the specific needs of each student and delivering the best and most effective learning experience possible. IAP offers its students flexible study options, which include self-paced, online, and live broadcasted training. Additionally, IAP holds national accreditation as a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and provides ongoing supervision for its graduates as well as career advice and assistance.
The Institute of Applied Psychology prides itself on a global network of renowned practitioners and facilitators, offering world-class training modules and robust student support mechanisms. IAP is committed to providing a safe and engaging study space for all students, and offer students a maximum level of support in terms of managing their study load, performance and personal circumstances in order to optimise their chances of graduating in as short a time as possible. Beyond a mere certification, IAP is committed to creating a nurturing learning environment that empowers individuals to make significant impact in their professional fields and the lives of others. So if you are looking to start or progress your career in this exciting and growing field, IAP makes an excellent choice as your potential training provider.