In a nutshell
This course is designed to provide students with a comprehensive understanding of the principles and practices of early childhood education, and covers a range of essential topics including child development, health and safety, communication and collaboration with families, planning and implementing educational programs, and legal and ethical considerations in the field of early childhood education.
The course also features 280 hours of practical work placement in an approved early childhood education centre, where students will have opportunities to gain practical experience and confidence through tackling real-world tasks.
Upon completion of the Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care course, graduates will be equipped with the knowledge and skills needed to work as early childhood educators in a range of settings, including preschools, kindergartens, and childcare centres.
This course is covered by the Victorian Government’s Skills First Funding Program and eligible students will be able to study this course with low fees. Please enquire to see if you qualify for government funding.
What you’ll need
To qualify for this course, students must hold either a CHC30113 Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care or CHC30121 Certificate III Early Childhood Education and Care qualification.
- Language literacy and numeracy: AQF Level 4 minimum;
- Digital literacy: access to a computer or smart device and the internet to complete your studies;
- Availability: one day a week for 5 hours, ability to undertake 280 hours placement at a regulated children's service.
While completing the CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care qualification from MCFE, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCECE044 - Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service
- CHCECE041 - Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE049 - Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve professional practice
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness
- CHCECE042 - Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- CHCECE050 - Work in partnership with children’s families
- CHCECE045 - Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE048 - Plan and implement children’s education and care program
- CHCECE047 - Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- CHCECE043 - Nurture creativity in children
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- CHCDIV003 - Manage and promote diversity
- CHCINM002 - Meet community information needs
Why Melbourne College of Further Education?
Established over 20 years ago, Melbourne College of Further Education (MCFE) is a highly regarded and well-respected government-registered training organisation (RTO). Headquartered in Melbourne, with a range of training sites throughout the city and suburbs, MCFE prides itself on their history of successfully providing quality education and training for thousands of past students.
Whether you’re studying in classroom or online, MCFE offers top-of-the-line facilities, inspiring trainers with plenty of industry experience and excellent student support that will ensure a great experience and optimum chance of success for all students in all their courses.
Melbourne College of Further Education (MCFE) provides comprehensive student support services to help students achieve their academic and personal goals. MCFE has a team of experienced student support staff who are dedicated to helping students overcome any challenges they may face during their studies.
The college provides a range of support services including academic support, career guidance, counselling, and disability services. MCFE also offers a range of resources such as workshops, online resources, and study groups to help students improve their academic performance. The college's commitment to student support ensures that students have access to the resources they need to succeed in their studies and beyond.