In a nutshell
Become a celebrant and have the honour of playing an important role in one of the most special days of a couple’s life! The Certificate IV Celebrancy (CHC41015 ) from Nepean Industry Edge Training sets you up to become a caring, competent, knowledgeable and effective professional celebrant.
Whether you’ve been asked to act as a celebrant for a friend or family’s wedding or you just love weddings and want to play an important role, this course provides the necessary qualification you need to apply to become a legal marriage celebrant under Australian law.
The course covers a range of topics to equip you with the skills to become an in-demand celebrant – from diversity and legal frameworks to establishing client needs, communication skills and more, you’ll learn it all. You’ll also learn all things planning and marketing for small businesses – a key topic for celebrants who are going into business for themselves.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
You must be 18 years of age or over to become a registered Celebrant.
In this celebrancy course, the subjects you may study include:
- CHCCEL001 - Develop sustainable celebrancy practice
- CHCCEL002 - Establish client celebrancy needs
- CHCCEL003 - Research, design and organise ceremonies
- CHCCEL004 - Prepare for, present and evaluate ceremonies
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- BSBCMM401 - Make a presentation
- BSBITU306 - Design and produce business documents
- BSBSMB306 - Plan a home-based business
- BSBSMB403 - Market the small business
- CHCCEL005 Establish and maintain marriage celebrancy practice
- CHCCEL006 - Interview clients and plan marriage ceremonies
- CHCCEL007 - Prepare for, present and evaluate marriage ceremonies
Why Nepean Industry Edge Training?
Want to give back to your community with your career? Study a course in Ageing Support, Disability, Celebrancy, Early Childhood Education or more with Nepean Industry Edge Training (NIET) and get the right skills to accelerate your career and help do good for others.
Study on-campus with NIET and learn from trainers who have years of experience in their field and who understand what the workplace is looking for. Graduate from NIET armed with job-ready skills, the latest in industry information and a qualification that is nationally recognised.
With a mantra to Engage. Inspire. Motivate, you can trust Nepean Industry Edge Training to create a quality, memorable and positive learning experience with support from their team every step of the way.
From start to finish you’ll be guided by the dedicated team at NIET, including your very own Student Support Coordinator who will even assist you in finding practical work placement during your studies.
This course can be delivered on campus to provide you with practical training in a face-to-face learning environment. It is available to study at the following locations: