In a nutshell
Studying the BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management course online through Open Colleges will give you the training to manage and maintain a resourceful and dynamic team.
Upon completion of this online frontline management certificate program you will be proficient in managing both people and projects. You will gain stronger communication skills to assist you with the mentoring and guidance of employees as well as to establish and develop business relationships. In addition, you will attain key frontline management skills and training to implement operational plans and information systems in the workplace.
An added bonus to this course is that when you complete your first module, you will receive a 12-month affiliate membership with the Institute of Managers and Leaders (previously known as the Australian Institute of Management). IML is a key industry membership organisations for managers at a variety of levels. IML membership at this level provides learners with many benefits such as access to e-newsletters, blogs, events, and online resources.
What you’ll need
Recommended local entry requirements:
- Age: 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3.
- You will need to have completed Year 12, or a qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g. smartphone.
In the BSB40520 Certificate IV in Leadership and Management course from Open Colleges, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBLDR411 - Demonstrate leadership in the workplace
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBOPS402 - Coordinate business operational plans
- BSBXCM401 - Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBCRT411 - Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBLDR413 - Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBXTW401 - Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBPEF402 - Develop personal work priorities
- BSBWHS411 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBPMG430 - Undertake project work
- BSBTWK401 - Build and maintain business relationships
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.