In a nutshell
The FNS50217 Diploma of Accounting will equip students with the practical skills and formalised training to secure employment in business executive and financial roles.
The online course from Open Colleges is fully recognised by the Association of Accounting Technicians Australia, and will train students in using and maintaining complex accounting systems and information, alongside practical skills such as preparing and managing financial reports and records for internal and external purposes.
Nationally accredited, this diploma is ideal for a range of individuals from business owners and professionals who currently find themselves performing basic accounting duties; to individuals seeking to upskill and transition into a role in accounting.
What you’ll need
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
Students are required to be at least 18 years of age.
- Have successfully completed English at Year 12 level; OR
- Have successfully completed a nationally recognised qualification at certificate III level or above; OR
- Have at least three years' experience in a role that requires written communication and documentation.
- You will need access to a reliable computer and an internet connections, as well as basic computer skills.
Some assessments will require other participants to act as characters in role plays designed to demonstrate practical and oral communication skills. Students will be required to source and arrange these other participants, participants can be family, friends or workplace colleagues.
In this accounting course, the units you may study include:
- FNSACC408- Work effectively in the accounting and bookkeeping industry
- BSBITU402 - Develop and use complex spreadsheets
- FNSACC511 - Provide financial and business performance information
- FNSACC516 - Implement and maintain internal control procedures
- FNSACC513 - Manage budgets and forecasts
- FNSACC517 - Provide management accounting information
- FNSACC514 - Prepare financial reports for corporate entities
- FNSACC505 - Establish and maintain accounting information systems
- FNSINC601 - Apply economic principles to work in the financial services industry
- FNSINC602 - Interpret and use financial statistics and tools
- FNSACC512 - Prepare tax documentation for individuals
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.