In a nutshell
NOTE: This course is currently only available to residents of Victoria, Australia.
If you’re now working in construction or as a tradesperson and would like to progress your career and get access to more senior industry roles, then this CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) qualification from Parker Brent could be the ideal course to take.
Aimed at people interested in performing supervisory or management roles in the building industry, the CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) from Parker Brent will teach you all you need to know about how to manage contracts and tender documentation, prepare estimates and monitor costing systems, manage sustainability practices and environmental processes, apply site-surveys and set-out procedures, building project management and supervision. By the end of the course, you will have gained all the skills and knowledge required to confidently take on and manage the wide range of tasks involved in residential and commercial low-rise building and construction.
Whilst this course is online-only, you will be required to attend online classes two evenings per week.
Government funding available: this course is a part by the Victorian Government’s Skills First program and eligible students can get a large portion of their fees covered by the government. Enquire now to see if you qualify.
What you’ll need
All entrants must be a minimum of 18 years of age at the time of enrolment. Students will also be required to have:
- Suitable level of English language, literacy and numeracy skills; and
- A current Construction Induction Card (White Card); and
- A minimum of 1 year experience in the Building and Construction industry; and
- Access to a building and construction project worksite; or
- Access to the Parker Brent Simulated Working Environment in Lalor.
While completing the CPC50220 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) qualification from Parker Brent, you will study a total of 27 units:
Core units (24 units):
- CPCCBC4001 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings
- BSBOPS504 - Manage risk
- BSBWHS513 - Lead WHS risk management
- CPCCBC4003 - Select, prepare and administer a construction contract
- CPCCBC4013 - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC4004 - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005 - Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4008 - Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009 - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5002 - Monitor costing systems on complex building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010 - Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions
- CPCCBC4053 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C Buildings
- CPCCBC4012 - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4014 - Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4018 - Apply site surveys and set out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5003 - Supervise the planning of on-site building and construction work
- CPCCBC5005 - Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5007 - Administer the legal obligations of a building and construction contractor
- CPCCBC5001 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Type B construction
- CPCCBC5010 - Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5011 - Manage environmental management practices and processes in building and construction
- CPCCBC5013 - Manage professional technical and legal reports on building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5018 - Apply structural principles to the construction of buildings up to 3 storeys
- CPCCBC5019 - Manage building and construction business finances
Elective Units (three units):
- CPCCBC5004 - Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction materials
- BSBPMG532 - Manage project quality
- CPCCBC5009 - Identify services layout and connection methods to Type C and B construction
Why Parker Brent?
Parker Brent is a highly reputable Registered Training Organisation, with over two decades of experience in providing exceptional online Building and Construction studies.
They offer a range of courses, including the Certificate IV in Building and Construction and the Diploma of Building and Construction, to cater to the diverse needs of industry workers and aspiring professionals.
Their courses are delivered by industry experts who bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to the learning process with a goal-oriented education approach, designed to help students achieve their desired outcomes.
Students go to Parker Brent with a variety of aspirations, including becoming builders, building their own homes, changing careers, upgrading their skills, or engaging in property development.
To help students achieve their desired outcomes, Parker Brent offers tailored benefits that
cater to their specific needs.
Aspiring builders can benefit from practice tests that improve knowledge, guidelines on how to apply for a license, and tips from current builders. Owner builders can benefit from the comprehensive checklist that guides them through the process.
For those new to the industry, Parker Brent offers free courses with an overview of the industry and project lifecycle, a glossary to equip them with key terminologies, and a guide to residential construction. Students looking to progress their career can benefit from Parker Brent's tips and interview skills, while those interested in property development can receive a checklist for developing property.
To support students in the digital age, Parker Brent provide free access to a world-class
construction software, 'Wunderbuild'. This software is specifically designed to help students get ready for the changing construction market, giving them a competitive advantage when they enter the workforce.