In a nutshell
Interested in becoming a registered psychologist?
Upon successful completion of the Graduate Diploma in Psychology with UTS Online, you may apply for the Graduate Diploma in Psychology (Advanced), which is the next step in your pathway to becoming a registered psychologist or researcher.
This course will equip you equip you with the knowledge and skills to implement principles of psychological science in diverse work settings.
It is developed in line with the American Psychological Association Guidelines and offers a curriculum informed by the Australian Indigenous Psychology Education Project.
Delivered 100% online and accelerated, it will enable you to immediately add value to your organisation and career.
What you’ll need
To do this course, applicants must have completed one of the following UTS-recognised qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree
- Graduate Diploma
All applicants must have completed the following in the last 10 years:
- An Australian Psychology Accreditation Council (APAC) accredited Level 1 program in psychology (or equivalent) with a Grade Point Average (GPA) of at least 5.0 out of 7.
- Psychology qualifications from overseas must be assessed by the Australian Psychological Society (APS) as equivalent to an APAC accredited Level 1 program in Psychology. This assessment must be included in the application.
Eligibility for admission does not guarantee offer of a place.
In this course, subjects you may study include:
- Psychological Science Career Readiness
- Advanced Professional Skills and Ethical Issues in Psychology Advanced
- Psychological Assessment and Intervention Advanced Research Methods
- Research Project A
- Research Project B
Why UTS Online?
Technology is driving change. At UTS Online we use the latest learning technology to help you get ahead and stay ahead in a changing world, faster.
UTS is the top-ranked young university in Australia and ranked 11th globally*.
Our 100% online postgraduate courses give you the opportunity to access our world-class education wherever you are.
Our courses are created by leading industry academics who partner with organisations operating at the edge of progress.
The courses are delivered through an innovative and interactive online platform, designed by experts in online education who understand how to make lessons personal and engaging.
With UTS Online, you’ll develop the skills and knowledge you need for your immediate future as well as the capability to keep adapting as new technologies, new career environments and new social challenges change our world even more.
*QS Top 50 Under 50, 2020
You'll have the support you need to succeed with a dedicated Student Enrolment Advisor who will navigate and motivate you through to graduation day.