In a nutshell
The Master of Mental Health Nursing from Victoria University (VU) Online will help you gain the specialist skills you need to lead multidisciplinary teams and create transformational change. Make a positive impact and change the lives of people in the community and across clinical settings. This degree meets the education requirements for the Australian College of Mental Health Nurses’ (ACMHN) Credential.
You’ll build on your nursing practice and gain a well-rounded understanding of mental health and its impact on individuals, families and communities across diverse populations.
You’ll gain evidence-based skills that will help transform the lives of individuals with mental health issues, with recovery-oriented, trauma-informed ethical care.
Study 100% online with VU Online’s award-winning postgraduate Block Model. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience.
VU Online provides four layers of personalised, academic and non-academic support to its online students to help them create their success story.
Enquire now to find out more!
What you’ll need
To do this course, you need to have:
- Completed an AQF Level 7 Bachelor of Nursing, or equivalent qualification; AND
- Registration as a Registered Nurse (Division 1) OR Registered Midwife with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) OR equivalent registration with the relevant registering authority for applicants outside of Australia; AND
- Completed a minimum of one year of full-time clinical experience, or the part-time equivalent, as a registered nurse and have clinical support in a mental health specialty area OR provide written confirmation from their employer that they are employed in a mental health setting; OR
- Completed Victoria University’s Graduate Certificate in Mental Health Nursing or Graduate Diploma in Mental Health Nursing.
In this course, units you may study include:
- HNO6010 - Recovery Oriented Mental Health
- HNO6001 - Biopsychosocial and Cultural Perspectives in Mental Health
- HNO6012 - Effective Trauma-Informed Care
- HNO6008 - Mental Health Nursing
- HNO6001 - Promoting Cultural Competence and Community Health
- HNO6013 - Mental Health in Later Life
- HNO6002 - Care Coordination in Practice
- HNO6004 - Evidence and Research for Practice
- HNO7011 - Pharmacology and Therapeutics in Mental Health
- HNO7012. - Assessment in Mental Health
- HNO7901 - Research Project
- HNO7013 - Psychological Therapies
- HNO7014 - Perspectives on Addictive Behaviours
- HNO7006 - Nursing Leadership and Management
- HNO7004 - Health and Wellbeing for the Older Person
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU Online's learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.