In a nutshell
Make a positive difference to children, families and communities by studying a Master of Teaching (Primary Education) from Victoria University Online.
This course will equip you with the skills needed to design and implement a teaching program and inspire students through your teaching practice.
You’ll be taught using Victoria University Online’s award-winning postgraduate Block Model. This model recognises and accommodates the complexity of students’ lives and facilitates a manageable and connected online learning experience. Focusing on just one subject at a time, the six-study period a year model enables you to complete as many as six units per year to graduate faster.
While this course is offered 100% online it includes 65 days of classroom placement which will give you a valuable, hands-on learning experience.
This course gives you the keys to help K-6 students develop their knowledge, skills and capabilities to ensure they start their schooling off on the right foot.
VU Online provides four layers of personalised, academic and non-academic support to its online students to help them create their success story.
So if you’re passionate about helping young minds develop, enquire about this recognised course today!
Study Teaching with Victoria University Online
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Completion of an Australian Bachelor degree (or equivalent); AND
- Applicants will also be asked to complete an assessment of their non-academic attributes.
Please note, you will be subject to a Working With Children Check before practice placements, in accordance with the Department of Education and Training policy.
Subjects you may study include:
- Approaches to Teaching and Learning
- Language and Literacy in the Primary Years 1
- Teaching and Learning Primary Mathematics 1
- Science in Primary Education
- Curriculum and Multi-Modal Learning
- Primary Health and Physical Education
- Humanities in Primary Education
- The Arts and Design in Primary Education
- Indigenous Perspectives in Learning and Teaching
- Research Methods in Education
- Language and Literacy in the Primary Years 2
- Teaching and Learning Primary Mathematics 2
- Engaging with the Profession*
- Primary Specialisation Capstone*
Why Victoria University Online?
Internationally recognised as a leading university, Victoria University (VU) is ranked among the top two per cent of universities worldwide.
At VU Online, you can tailor your studies to fit around your busy schedule. Their programs are delivered through VU Online’s postgraduate Block Model, winner of the LearnX Live! Award 2021 ‘Best Online Learning Model’.
Their postgraduate online Block Model is designed to be flexible, interactive and student-centred. Instead of taking two or three units a semester, you will study one unit at a time, offering you more flexibility than traditional on-campus degrees.
VU Online's learning platform is a virtual one-stop-shop that helps you manage your study commitments 24/7. You will be able to access your coursework, resources, assignment details and individual feedback from facilitators, all in one place.
- A genuine online learning community.
- Interactive, immersive learning - no exams or textbooks to purchase.
- Delivered by experienced academics and facilitators.
- 1:1 support via phone, email or SMS, seven days a week and in the evenings.
- Small class sizes with a 25:1 student-teacher ratio.