What does Marketing Coordinator mean?
Marketing Coordinators support the initiatives of their company’s marketing department by handling logistics for implementing campaigns, product launches, events and partnerships. They are also involved in the development of marketing strategies and objectives, working collaboratively with other marketing professionals in order to achieve targets.
Reporting to Marketing Managers and CMOs, the Marketing Coordinator is also responsible for analysing the success of campaigns and advertisements through customer satisfaction, as well as helping to organise the overall marketing plan, whether that involves website creation, event marketing, digital marketing or email campaigns
What is a Marketing Coordinator's role?
- Planning and organising marketing and advertising campaigns to achieve sales objectives.
- Coordinating logistics and production of advertising materials such as artwork, copywriting, media scripting and placement, on time and within budget.
- Analysing data to determine consumer satisfaction, patterns and preferences.
- Researching market characteristics and demand for new products and services.
- Supporting sales staff by providing data on market trends, forecasts and new product information etc.
- Preparing marketing reports by collating and analysing sales data.
- Monitoring budgets through analysis and comparison of actual results against plans and forecasts.
Fast Facts - Marketing Coordinator
- Average Age: 34
- Male Share: 39.60%
- Full-Time Share: 77.60%
- Average Hours: 40 hours per week
- Level of Study: A Bachelor Degree or higher
- Average Salary: $1,346 per week Before Tax
- Unemployment Levels: average
- 2015 Employment Numbers: 55,000
- Projected Growth: strong
- 2020 Employment Numbers: 63,600