What does an animal trainer do?
- Correcting undesirable behaviours
- Developing skills through repetition
- Training an animal for performance or service duties
- Providing for the nutritional requirements of an animal
What skills do I need to be an animal trainer?
- Calm, patient and forceful demeanour
- Ability to plan tasks, routines and modes of training
- Patience when dealing with high needs animals
- Enjoys working with both animals and people
With the right training, you can explore a vast number of different career paths as an animal trainer, tailored to suit your strengths, interests, and desired working environment. From highly technical training of service animals such as guide dogs, to helping families have better control of their pets, your options for employment are extremely varied.