In a nutshell
If you are currently in a role that involves training people in a specific skill, or are looking to develop your ability to train others, then this TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification from Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Education and Training could be just what you’re looking for.
Developed by industry experts, this qualification is strategically designed to enhance the training capabilities of individuals in the vocational education and training (VET) sector, as well as those engaged in delivering training and assessing competence within the workplace. The course will give you essential skills that will allow you to become a high-quality trainer by teaching how to support the learning and development of teams and individuals; how to work effectively in the VET sector, how to use recognised training products to meet vocational training needs; how to facilitate online and workplace-based learning; and how to design and develop plans for vocational training, amongst others. By the end of the course you’ll be ready to take on challenges of training groups or individuals either in the corporate or VET sphere.
This course is delivered 100% online, requires roughly 10 hours of study per week and can be completed in 12-18 months.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal educational requirements for entering this course, students should:
- Be aged 18 or over;
- Have completed year 10 or equivalent as a minimum;
- 2+ years of full-time work experience;
- Have reasonable level of computer literacy;
- Have a sufficient level of English language proficiency.
While completing the TAE40122 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment qualification from Australian Institute of Management (AIM) Education and Training, you will study the following subjects:
- BSBCMM411 - Make a presentation
- TAEDEL311 - Provide work skill instruction
- TAEPDD401 - Work effectively in the VET sector
- TAEDES411 - Use national recognised training products to meet vocational training needs
- TAEDES412 - Design and develop plans for vocational training
- BSBHRM413 - Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- TAEDEL412 - Facilitate workplace-based learning
- TAEDEL414 - Mentor in the workplace
- TAEDEL411 - Facilitate vocational training
- TAEDEL405 - Plan, organise and facilitate online learning
- TAEASS412 - Assess competence
- TAEASS413 - Participate in assessment validation
Why Australian Institute of Management Education and Training?
AIM provides students with practical qualifications that certify their skills and advances their careers. Each qualification is delivered through a blend of practical exercises and evaluative tools, and with no exams to study for; students can focus on completing assessments that have real world application. With the choice to study online or on campus, studying with AIM means you can maintain your work-life balance while building your future career.
Australian Institute of Management Education and Training Pty Limited (RTO code 0049) (AIMET) is a registered Higher Education Provider listed on the national register, Provider ID: PRV12071. AIMET uses the brand name AIM with permission from the Australian Institute of Management (ABN 56 004 525 017).
AIM (RTO 0049) prides itself on delivering holistic, comprehensive qualifications, that helps you fast-track your career whilst gaining official certification of your skills. Whether you prefer online learning or face-to-face classes, AIM offers both options.
The online virtual campus, MyAIM allows students to work through the online modules at their own pace, connect with other students and receive online learning support from AIM’s Student Support and Coaching Services teams.