In a nutshell
Are you ready to kick off your career in sport and recreation operations and management? The Certificate III in Sport and Recreation (SIS30115) from the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers is your first stepping stone on the path to success!
This online Certificate course will prepare you to work across different activities and functions in the sport, fitness and recreation sector. You’ll start by building your foundational knowledge of the industry, learning how to maintain facilities and follow the necessary health, safety and emergency protocols. You’ll also gain a solid grasp on planning, organising and conducting programs and providing quality service for clients. With a mix of hands-on skills and essential knowledge, you’ll graduate with all the tools you need to break into the industry in an operational or customer support position.
Delivered 100% online, this nationally recognised qualification allows you to take the first step towards your dream career in your own time and at your own pace. You’ll have up to 12 months to complete your coursework, supported by a team of education professionals the whole way. So what are you waiting for? Turn your passion for sport into a career with this great course!
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
Please note: this course is currently in a transition period (superseded due to Government-mandated updates), with our updated course due for release in the next few months. Rest assured, completion of this course version before 31 December 2024 will still provide you with a valid and quality outcome.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 16 years old, or if under 18, have enrolment form signed by a parent or guardian; AND
- Have completed year 10 or equivalent (a qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication); AND
- Be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the online part of the course you will need regular access to a reliable computer and internet connection.
Candidates must have access to a sport and recreation facility and a Supervisor/Manager to observe the practical application.
In this sports management course, the subjects you may study include:
- HLTAID011* - Provide First Aid
- SISXCCS001 - Provide quality service
- BSBWOR301 - Organise personal work priorities and development
- SISXIND002 - Maintain sport, fitness and recreation industry knowledge
- SISXFAC002 - Maintain sport, fitness and recreation facilities
- BSBWHS303 - Participate in WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
- SISXCAI003 - Conduct non-instructional sport, fitness or recreation sessions
- BSBADM307 - Organise schedules
- BSBRSK401 - Identify risk and apply risk management processes
- SISXCAI004 - Plan and conduct programs
- SISXCAI006 - Facilitate groups
- SISXCCS003 - Address client needs
- ICTWEB201 - Use social media tools for collaboration and engagement
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- SISXEMR001 - Respond to emergency situations
*This course contains the unit, HLTAID011 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees.
Why Australian Institute of Personal Trainers?
The Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT) are experts in wellness, nutrition and fitness, and equip their students with the best in online and face-to-face education. Established in 1999 alongside their partner Registered Training Organisation, Foundation Education, they have grown from a handful of campuses in Queensland to over 150 campuses and an extensive network of Mentors Australia-wide. When you study with AIPT you have access to:
Dedicated student support
Access to a dedicated team of Support Officers to make the transition into study as smooth as possible.
Largest network of locations
We have the industry's largest network of gyms across Australia, ensuring we're in your area.
Flexible delivery options
AIPT caters to all learning styles and offers flexible study options to suit everyone’s schedules and budget, with a focus on practical learning and hands-on experience.
Throughout your studies as an AIPT student, you will have complete access to their expert education team – a group of mentors who are dedicating to answering any of your questions or study queries. Mentors are seasoned fitness professionals with years of experience in the industry and can be contacted via email, online or over the phone. As an AIPT student, you will also have access to the My eCampus learning portal where you will be able to download course content and submit assessments.