In a nutshell
Ready to challenge yourself and learn how to run your own construction business? The Diploma of Building and Construction (Building) (CPC50210), offered by Builders Academy Australia, is the course you need to take your career to the next level.
Throughout this comprehensive course, you’ll gain the skills, knowledge and confidence to help you manage and supervise construction work. From tender documentation and structural principles to cost estimations and hiring of contracts, you’ll cover all the areas you need to excel in the next stage of your career.
You’ll emerge from the course knowing all the ins and outs of running a small- to medium-sized business, ready to oversee the the construction of commercial buildings and medium-rise residential projects. So why not enquire today? Your future is waiting!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- If entering the experienced stream, must be currently working in the building and construction industry with at least five years experience, or have already obtained a Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building); OR
- If less than five years experience, must enter the less standard stream.
In this building & construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBOHS504B - Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBPMG505A - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A - Manage project risk
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4013A - Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC5001B - Apply building codes and standards to the construction proceeds for
medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5002A - Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction
- CPCCBC5003A - Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction
- CPCCBC5010B - Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5018A - Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings
- BSBFIM501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMGT617 - Develop and implement a business plan
- CPCCBC5004A - Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and
- CPCCBC5007B - Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- CPCCBC5009A - Identify services layout and connection methods to medium rise
Why Builders Academy Australia?
When it comes to receiving a top-notch learning experience, look no further than the construction experts at Builders Academy Australia (BAA). With a reputation for ‘turning tradies into legends’, you can trust Builders Academy Australia to equip you with the right technical and theoretical skills to succeed on any job site.
Each of their nationally accredited courses in building and construction, plumbing and more, are led by qualified trainers who will share their real-world insights with you.
BAA is part of Simonds Homes, one of Australia’s largest homebuilders, which means that students will have the opportunity to develop strong ties with industry professionals and start building their dream career – literally!
Builders Academy Australia (BAA) is all about ensuring their students get a positive learning experience! BAA’s student welfare and support services include academic support, non-academic support and additional support to special needs students.
BAA has a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator part of their team, who will regularly touch base with each trainer to identify any students with special needs or may require welfare support.
After extra study support? Turn BAA’s friendly training managers, senior trainers or assessors who will guide you through your learning journey.