In a nutshell
The Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) (CPC40120) has been designed to meet the needs of aspiring or working tradesmen who intend to become Building Supervisors, Building Managers or Site Supervisors.
It provides a perfect starting point for people who want to start their own building business and prepare for the builders registration. The course is delivered either face-to-face in a physical classroom environment or in a virtual environment through online classes. In weekly class, your trainer will facilitate a range of training experiences including:
- Trainer led instruction
- Discussion and debate
- Group learning activities
- Case studies
- Role plays & presentations
BCTA ensures that the training is delivered to the standards of a real workplace environment. You will be trained by best trainers in the industry with extensive experience giving you detailed insights into the skills and knowledge required to pursue a successful career in the Building and Construction industry.
This program runs for 36 weeks You will need to set aside 10 hours per week for self-study and 5 hours for assessment work.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Applicants must be aged 18 or above.
- To assist prospective students to determine if the course is suitable and appropriate for their individual needs a Pre-Training Review (PTR) will be conducted.
- Successful completion of BCTA’s Language, Literacy, and Numeracy (LLN) test.
In this building and construction course, the subjects you study may include:
- CPCCBC4001 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings
- CPCCBC4002 - Manage work health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4007 - Plan building and construction work
- CPCCBC4008 - Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009 - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010 - Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions
- CPCCBC4012 - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4014 - Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4018 - Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4053 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9 Type C buildings
Why Building and Construction Training Australia?
Building and Construction Training Australia courses give students the opportunity to learn from the best in the building and construction industry.
With exclusive training materials and delivery methods, students learn best practices, real-world skills, and undertake on-the-job training. They graduate qualified to get their start or get ahead, in their building and construction career. BCTA qualifications are recognised by the Australian government.
Blended learning: BCTA offers a mix of learning options including self-directed online learning, classroom, and workplace apprenticeship placements.
Industry-relevant courses - Training is hands-on using quality assessment tools written to simulate real-world industry conditions and building activities. Graduate job-ready.
BCTA is committed to the success of their students in achieving the qualifications to meet their career goals. Student support is available from enrollment right through to graduation.