In a nutshell
Learn the skills it takes to become a builder, construction manager, or run a building business with a Certificate IV in Building And Construction (CPC40110) from Building And Construction Training Australia.
This course is ideal if you’ve recently completed your apprenticeship, want to enter the industry or are a small business owner in the building and construction industry.
Topics covered include building codes, standards, and structural principles for low-rise building projects, legal requirements, and how to interpret plans and specifications, occupational health and safety, plus more.
Small business planning and quality management topics are also offered.
The course is delivered via a combination of face-to-face classroom lessons and self-directed learning topics.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age AND
- Undertake a pre-training review AND
- Language, literacy and numeracy assessment.
In this building and construction course, the subjects you study may include:
- CPCCBC4001A - Apply Building codes and standards to the construction process for low-rise building projects
- CPCCBC4010B - Apply structural principles to residential low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4011B - Apply structural principles to commercial low-rise constructions
- CPCCBC4009B - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4003A - Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4012B - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4004A - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4005A - Produce labour and material schedules for ordering
- CPCCBC4007A - Plan building or construction work
- CPCCBC4002A - Manage occupational health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4006B - Select, procure and store construction materials for low rise projects
- CPCCBC4008B - Conduct on-site supervision of building and construction projects
CORE AND ELECTIVE UNITS
- BSBSMB406A - Manage small business finances (Core)
- BSBSMB404A - Undertake small business planning (Elective)
- BSBSPMG411 - Apply project quality management techniques (Elective)
- BSBFIM501A - Manage Budget and Financial Plans
Why Building and Construction Training Australia?
Building and Construction Training Australia courses give students the opportunity to learn from the best in the building and construction industry.
With exclusive training materials and delivery methods, students learn best practices, real-world skills, and undertake on-the-job training. They graduate qualified to get their start or get ahead, in their building and construction career. BCTA qualifications are recognised by the Australian government.
Blended learning: BCTA offers a mix of learning options including self-directed online learning, classroom, and workplace apprenticeship placements.
Industry-relevant courses - Training is hands-on using quality assessment tools written to simulate real-world industry conditions and building activities. Graduate job-ready.
BCTA is committed to the success of their students in achieving the qualifications to meet their career goals. Student support is available from enrollment right through to graduation.