In a nutshell
Are you feeling ready to take the next step in your career in the construction industry? Gain the skills you need to aim for a respected, higher-paying position with the Diploma of Building and Construction (Management) (CPC50320) from the College for Adult Learning.
This 100% online course offers a nationally accredited qualification for those aspiring to work in construction management. As well as developing the core knowledge and skills you’ll need for a management role, you’ll also learn how to lead WHS and risk management; create and execute project plans on time and on budget; manage the application of building codes to ensure projects meet standards.
After approximately 12 months of full-time study or 16 – 18 months part-time, you’ll be confident, qualified and ready to transition from working on the tools to running the entire process of a construction job, setting you up for long-term career growth.
What you’ll need
As part of your course, it is compulsory to undertake and provide third-party evidence for some assessments in an eligible industry workplace. If you are not currently in, or have not previously been in, an eligible workplace, you must source your own host workplace and undertake work that meets the requirements for the units of this course. For more information on these requirements please speak to one of our friendly Learning Consultants.
You will need regular access to a laptop or desktop computer with the following:
- An adequate and reliable internet connection,
- At least the equivalent of Microsoft Office or Office for Mac, with word-processing capabilities and spreadsheets,
- A PDF Reader installed,
- Full permissions to install and access third-party software as required.
You will also need regular access to a laptop, desktop computer or device with an adequate camera to undertake video calls for assessments as required.
In this building and construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBWHS513 - Lead WHS risk management
- BSBPMG536 - Manage project risk
- BSBOPS502 - Manage business operational plans
- BSBPMG532 - Manage project quality
- BSBPMG535 - Manage project information and communication
- BSBPMG537 - Manage project procurement
- CPCCBC4001 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 Buildings
- CPCCBC4053 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9, Type C Buildings
- CPCCBC4003 - Select, prepare and administer construction contract
- CPCCBC5005 - Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5007 - Administer the legal obligations of a building or construction contractor
- CPCCBC5002 - Monitor costing systems on complex building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5019 - Manage building and construction business finances
- CPCCBC5010 - Manage construction work
- CPCCBC4004 - Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.