In a nutshell
By completing the Diploma of Work Health & Safety (BSB51319) at the College for Adult Learning, you’ll develop key occupational health and safety skills and strengthen your ability to make informed decisions, preparing you to take on leading WHS roles within any organisation with the backing of a Nationally Recognised formal qualification. The course will help you consolidate and develop your skills around risk analysis and incident response with your ability to lead WHS and develop systems, engage with stakeholders and communicate changes within an organisation.
Throughout this diploma course, you’ll learn to plan, implement and evaluate a process for managing work health and safety (WHS) risk in a work area and lead and manage the initial response to one work health and safety (WHS) incident. upon completion, you’ll be able to contribute to developing, implementing, reviewing and improving a work health and safety management plan.
Delivered entirely online, this comprehensive course can be studied at your own pace. Schedule study time around your work and life commitments, completing your course in anywhere from 12 to 16 months. So don’t hesitate – commit to yourself and your career and enquire about this online diploma today!
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must hold the core units from the Certificate IV in Work Health & Safety (BSB41419) or equivalent competencies:
- BSBWHS412 Assist with workplace compliance with WHS laws
- BSBWHS413 Contribute to implementation and maintenance of WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS414 Contribute to WHS risk management
- BSBWHS415 Contribute to implementing WHS management systems
- BSBWHS416 Contribute to workplace incident response
If you do not hold the prerequisite units enquire now to speak with a College of Adult Learning Consultant who can help you create a custom package to achieve your diploma.
In this WHS course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBCMM511 - Communicate with influenceBSBWHS513 Lead WHS risk management
- BSBWHS515 - Lead initial response to and investigate WHS incidents
- BSBWHS516 - Contribute to developing, implementing and maintaining an organisation’s WHS management system
- BSBWHS519 - Lead the development and use of WHS risk management tools
- BSBWHS522 - Manage WHS consultation and participation processes
- BSBWHS517 - Contribute to managing a WHS information system
- BSBWHS520 - Manage implementation of emergency procedures
- BSBWHS514 - Manage WHS compliance of contractors
- BSBLDR601 - Lead and manage organisational change
- BSBCMM511 - Communicate with influence
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.