In a nutshell
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Health Administration (HLT47315) teaches you how to understand and apply medical terminology, manage patient record-keeping systems and contribute to the organisational effectiveness of the health industry. In addition to this, you will learn a variety of customer service strategies which will allow you to provide quality client care in a range of medical and health care environments.
With a Certificate IV in Health Administration (HLT47315) you’ll be able to perform a range of administrative functions in health services, both autonomously and as a senior member of staff in an administrative team. You may find yourself working in medical institutions, such as clinics, hospitals, community health centres and private practices. Once you’ve attained this online health care qualification, you can also choose to continue your studies and expand your career opportunities with a Diploma of Practice Management.
What you’ll need
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic or cable
(Dial-up access will be significantly slower and is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows XP or Vista 7 or above
Internet Browser – Internet Explorer 7 or higher or the latest version of Google Chrome
MAC : Operating system: OS X 10.4 or later
Internet Browser – latest version of Google Chrome
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this health course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBLDR402 - Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 - Lead team effectiveness
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402 - Address customer needs
- BSBCUS403 - Implement customer service standards
- BSBHRM404 - Review human resources functions
- BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBRES411 - Analyse and present research information
- BSBMGT403 - Implement continuous improvement
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED401 - Manage patient record-keeping system
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.