In a nutshell
The nationally accredited Certificate IV in Health Administration (HLT47315) teaches you how to understand and apply medical terminology, manage patient record-keeping systems and contribute to the organisational effectiveness of the health industry. In addition to this, you will learn a variety of customer service strategies which will allow you to provide quality client care in a range of medical and health care environments.
With a Certificate IV in Health Administration (HLT47315) you’ll be able to perform a range of administrative functions in health services, both autonomously and as a senior member of staff in an administrative team. You may find yourself working in medical institutions, such as clinics, hospitals, community health centres and private practices. Once you’ve attained this online health care qualification, you can also choose to continue your studies and expand your career opportunities with a Diploma of Practice Management.
What you’ll need
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic
Windows : Operating system – Windows 8 or above
Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
MAC : Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this health course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBLDR402 - Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBLDR403 - Lead team effectiveness
- BSBCUS401 - Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies
- BSBCUS402 - Address customer needs
- BSBCUS403 - Implement customer service standards
- BSBHRM404 - Review human resources functions
- BSBHRM405 - Support the recruitment, selection and induction of staff
- BSBRES411 - Analyse and present research information
- BSBMGT403 - Implement continuous improvement
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED401 - Manage patient record-keeping system
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- HLTINF006 - Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557