In a nutshell
The Diploma of Practice Management (HLT57715) from Foundation Education, will equip you with the leadership and management skills you need to advance your career or change career within the medical sector. You will learn how to guide staff and achieve business goals, manage risk, implement infection control policies and most importantly, deliver a high level of service to patients.
Once attained, the Diploma of Practice Management will equip you with the skills and knowledge you require to contribute to a business’s strategic direction and ensure daily operations run smoothly. This health qualification will enable you to work as a Practice Manager or Health Administration Manager, in which you ensure quality patient care by managing all administrative processes in different healthcare facilities.
As a Practice Manager, you will be responsible for organising and controlling the functions and resources of professional practices, such as administrative systems and practice personnel, as well as managing the promotion and operations of small to medium-sized health practices. This includes managing patient records and accounts, ensuring work health and safety compliance and coordinating personal activities such as hiring, performance management and job training.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
You will need to have completed year 12, or equivalent. Equivalency can be demonstrated by one of the following:
- A qualification at Certificate II level or higher OR
- 2 years of industry experience in a role that requires the use of written documentation and communication.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic
Windows : Operating system – Windows 8 or above
Internet Browser: Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
MAC : Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this practice management course, the subjects you will study include:
- BSBWOR501 – Manage personal work priorities and professional development
- BSBCUS501 – Manage quality customer service
- BSBRSK501 – Manage risk
- BSBADM502 – Manage meetings
- BSBWOR502 – Lead and manage team effectiveness
- BSBHRM506 – Manage recruitment selection and induction processes
- BSBHRM501 – Manage human resource services
- BSBMGT502 – Manage people performance
- BSBFIM501 – Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBMED301 – Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCLEG003 – Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTINF007 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control standards, policies and procedures
- HLTADM004 – Manage health billing and accounting system
- HLTWHS004 – Manage work health and safety
- HLTINF006 - Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557