In a nutshell
If you are a type of person who enjoys helping others live their best lives and are looking to commence a gratifying career, then this CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health qualification from Hader Institute of Education could be just the course you’re looking for. The course is designed for people looking for entry-level work based on helping people in communities or workplaces overcome various mental health issues such as ones connected to drug and alcohol consumption.
You will learn all the crucial skills to become a confident and successful mental health support worker, such as how to provide recovery oriented mental health services, how to recognise and respond to crisis situations, how to use communication to build relationships and how to provide services to people with co-existing mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues.
Aside from 48 weeks of theory-based online learning, during the course you will also be required to complete 80 hours of practical work placement which will ensure that on completion of the course you are ready to hit the ground running in your first work role.
What you’ll need
There are no formal entry requirements for this online qualification, however you must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed an AQF Certificate IV level qualification.
- Be capable of completing 80 hours of work placement in a suitable health facility.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test at or above level 3 in reading, writing and numeracy.
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- Hold the required criminal and working with children checks (if applicable) or be able to apply for a police check if required prior to the commencement of work placement if required.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the online application and during the enrolment interview.
While completing the CHC43315 Certificate IV in Mental Health qualification from Hader Institute of Education, you will study the following units:
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCLEG001 - Work legally and ethically
- CHCCOM002 - Use communication to build relationships
- CHCDFV001 - Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical well-being
- CHCMHS005 - Provide services to people with coexisting mental health and alcohol
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCMHS003 - Provide recovery oriented mental health services
- CHCMHS002 - Establish self-directed recovery relationships
- CHCMHS004 - Work collaboratively with the care network and other services
- CHCMHS008 - Promote and facilitate self-advocacy
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.