In a nutshell
If you are looking to turn your desire to build better communities by helping others into a rewarding career, then this CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services qualification from Hader Institute of Education could be a great qualification for you. The Australian Government is putting more resources into the community services sector and the number of professionals required to work in this field is expected to increase threefold over the next decade, so now is the perfect time to become a qualified community services professional.
This course is designed to give you all the necessary knowledge in fields such as community services, case management and social housing, and on completion you will be able to undertake a variety of community support based roles. You will learn essential skills such as how to analyse impact of sociological factors on clients in community work and services, how to establish and confirm the counselling relationship, how to facilitate the counselling relationship and process and how to provide case management supervision.
This 100% online course consists of three hours per week of online classroom sessions, 22 hours per week of structured self-paced study and seven one-on-one online skills development and practice sessions and will see you ready to commence your first role in community services within 12 months. All learners will be required to complete a total of 100 hours of practical work placement as part of their studies. You’ll be placed in an organisation relevant to your field of study.
What you’ll need
Student entry requirements:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed their education to a level which is equivalent to an Australian Senior High School Year 12 or has completed and a AQF Certificate IV in Community Services.
- Have suitable language, literacy and numeracy skills to read and comprehend learning materials and perform tasks related to recording workplace documents including reading and writing detailed reports, case notes, reports and other documents, interpreting workplace policy and procedure and reporting hazards. Learners are required to pass an online LLN assessment test
- Be capable of completing 100 hours of work placement in a suitable health facility.
- Have sound computer skills to navigate simple software to complete the online component of this course and must be able to use intermediate level Word features in order to produce and present word-processed documents/ reports.
- Have access to a laptop and internet to complete this online course.
- Have a valid Working with Children Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement)
- Have a valid Police Check (or be prepared to obtain this prior to work placement)
- Have the required immunisations, including COVID-19 vaccination, as required to attend the placement facility. Please note, additional immunisations may be required given Government or placement facility’s health policy changes.
- These entry requirements will be confirmed through information collected on the enrolment form and during the enrolment interview.
While completing the CHC52021 Diploma of Community Services qualification from Hader Institute of Education, you may study the following subjects:
- CHCCCS004 - Assess co-existing needs
- CHCCCS007 - Develop and implement service programs
- CHCCCS019 - Recognise and respond to crisis situations
- CHCCSM013 - Facilitate and review case management (100 hours)
- CHCDEV005 - Analyse impacts of sociological factors on people in community work and services (100 hours)
- CHCDFV001 - Recognise and respond appropriately to domestic and family violence
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCDIV002 - Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- CHCMGT005 - Facilitate workplace debriefing and support processes
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- HLTWHS003 - Maintain work health and safety
- CHCADV005 - Provide systems advocacy services
- CHCCSL001 - Establish and confirm the counselling relationship
- CHCCSL002 - Apply specialist interpersonal and counselling interview skills
- CHCDEV004 - Confirm development status
- CHCMHS007 - Work effectively in trauma informed care
- CHCMHS011 - Assess and promote social, emotional and physical wellbeing
- CHCPOL003 - Research and apply evidence to practice
- CHCPRP001 - Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
Why Hader Institute of Education?
Hader Institute of Education (RTO 45162) are leading online educators providing training services to individuals who want to pursue a career in Mental Health, Youth work, Community Services, Alcohol and other Drugs and Counselling programs.
Courses are offered online and can be accessed anywhere in Australia through your home computer.
Hader Institute of Education's online trainer & assessors are qualified, dedicated professionals who have current industry experience and qualifications in a range of industries. Their industry experience is continually up to date by participating in professional development activities, therefore giving learners the best practical industry experience.