In a nutshell
Get your start in a growing industry or add to your existing business skill set with this Certificate IV in Accounting and Bookkeeping (FNS40217) from Monarch Institute.
This nationally recognised qualification covers the foundational knowledge to get you familiar with the range of tasks required of an accounting professional, as well as provide you with the training to kickstart your career in bookkeeping. Build your confidence with accounting software packages like MYOB or XERO and get access to training resources throughout the entire course.
Want to know the best part? You get full online access to course materials for two years, so you can log on and learn and your own pace and convenience, with support just a click away.
What you’ll need
There are no formal entry requirements for this course; anyone can apply!
Recognition of prior learning (RPL) may be available for skills and knowledge obtained through previous study or other relevant experience.
In this accounting and bookkeeping course the subjects you may study include:
- FNSACC311 - Process financial transactions and extract interim reports
- FNSACC312 - Administer subsidiary accounts and ledgers
- BSBFIA401 - Prepare financial reports
- FNSACC405 - Maintain inventory records
- FNSINC401 - Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- FNSACC411 - Process business tax requirements
- FNSACC416 - Set up and operate a computerised accounting system
- FNSTPB402 - Establish and maintain payroll systems (MPA001)
- FNSTPB401 - Complete business activity and instalment activity statements (MAS001)
- BSBSMB412 - Introduce cloud computing into business operations
- FNSACC313 - Perform financial calculations
- FNSACC412 - Prepare operational budgets
- FNSACC408 - Work effectively in the accounting & bookkeeping industry
Why Monarch Institute?
Monarch Institute specialises in providing innovative, engaging courses with a focus getting you ready to work in the real world. Courses are designed by industry experts and delivered by professionals who continue to lead in their fields.
Monarch Institute has trained over 10,000 students across a range of nationally recognised and accredited courses. With Monarch, you’ll benefit from direct trainer support and trainers with the latest industry experience, and are available whenever you need them.
Students graduate with a distinct competitive advantage because respected employers help shape the courses. The four largest employers of Monarch graduates are the Commonwealth Bank, NAB, Deloitte and the ANZ Bank.
With Monarch Institute, you’ll get a different experience. You'll get the skills that employers really want, flexibility to study in a style to suit you, and unrivalled support that is delivered with care.
Monarch Institute prides itself on encouraging and supporting students to meet their educational goals. Whether you choose to study in the classroom or online, you will be supported by a range of professionals who are committed to helping you succeed. All course materials have been designed with access and equity issues in mind, and assessment techniques reflect the needs of multiple learning styles.
Monarch provides an array of services for students, including personal, educational and vocational counselling services; disability assistance; language, literacy and numeracy assistance; and student welfare and guidance services. It also offers services for Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander students and students with disabilities or special needs in order to support them in meeting their learning goals.