In a nutshell
Turn your knack for solving problems and your skills with people into a rewarding new career with this online BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resources Management course from Open Colleges.
If you’re looking to start a new career in human resources, this nationally recognised and industry-focused course is a relevant starting point that will help you build the fundamental skills and knowledge required to succeed in this exciting industry.
In this course, you’ll learn how to recruit new staff, manage effective workplace relationships, conduct research and analysis and understand workplace health and safety. Self-paced, online modules ensure your learning fits in with your lifestyle, while building new knowledge and industry-relevant skills for a next career step.
A broad range of elective units allows you to tailor your learning to an area that interests you. You may choose to specialise in recruitment, project management, developing teams and individuals or payroll system development and management.
If you enjoy working with people, work well in team environments, and see problems as opportunities, human resources may be the career for you – and it starts with this course.
What you’ll need
Recommended local entry requirements:
- Age: 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend complex information.
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher, or
- Achieve an ACSF Level 4
- Access to a modern computer with high-speed internet.
- Access to Microsoft office or equivalent
- Basic computing skills including the ability to make a short video.
While completing the BSB40420 Certificate IV in Human Resources Management qualification from Open Colleges, subjects you may study include:
- BSBTEC404 - Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBLDR413 - Lead effective workplace relationships
- BSBHRM417 - Support human resources functions and processes
- BSBHRM412 - Support employee and industrial relations
- BSBWHS411 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBHRM415 - Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
- BSBHRM528 - Coordinate remuneration and employee benefits
- BSBHRM411 - Administer performance development processes
- BSBHRM413 - Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- BSBHRM529 - Coordinate Separation and Termination processes
- BSBPMG430 - Undertake project work
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.