In a nutshell
If you have a knack for effective visual communication and wish to pursue a career in photography, then this CUA41120 Certificate IV in Photography and Digital Imaging qualification from Open Colleges could be a perfect course for you.
Upon completion of the course, participants will have a digital portfolio of work to showcase to potential employers and clients.
The course content, which has been authored and endorsed by industry experts, is current and relevant, covering both technical and creative aspects of photography to enable participants to develop practical skills and a unique style. Graduates of the Open Colleges’ Certificate IV in Photography and Digital Imaging will receive a nationally recognised qualification that equips them with the necessary knowledge to begin working in the industry.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrolment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
While there are no formal educational requirements for this course, it is recommended that students:
- Are at least 16 years old (note: students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol);
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend complex information and learn effectively in an online self-paced environment. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete a qualification at Certificate III level or higher, or
- Achieve an ACSF Level 3.
Equipment and tools
Photography is a field that requires a lot of equipment such as cameras, digital imaging software, etc. Please enquire for the full list of equipment you will need.
While completing the CUA41120 Certificate IV in Photography and Digital Imaging qualification from Open Colleges, you may study the following subjects:
- CUAPHI312 - Capture photographic images
- CUAPHI313 - Process photo images
- CUAPPR403 - Store and maintain finished creative work
- CUAWHS312 - Apply work health and safety practices
- CUAPHI311 - Develop and apply photo imaging industry knowledge
- CUAACD411 - Integrate colour theory and design processes
- CUAPHI412 - Apply photo imaging lighting techniques
- CUAPHI403 - Enhance, manipulate and output photo images
- CUAPHI535 - Produce commercial photo images
- SIRRMER008 - Plan and style merchandise photo shoots
- CUADES412 - Interpret and respond to a design brief
- CUAPHI411 - Capture images in response to a brief
- CUADIG415 - Produce innovative digital images
- CUAPPR511 - Realise a body of creative work
- CUAIND412 - Provide freelance services
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.