In a nutshell
Equip yourself with the skills employers demand, and fast track your way to a rewarding and dynamic career in data analytics with the online Master of Analytics at UNSW.
Through this recognised course, you’ll develop highly technical programming-language and cloud-based-systems skills to become an expert in the design and implementation of successful organisational change programs. You’ll have the opportunity to integrate your knowledge and skills acquired throughout the program in a professional context by collaborating on an industry project in your capstone course.
Gain the skills to take complex information and translate it into simple and powerful data stories that influence stakeholders, while also learning to navigate the ethical dilemmas of data.
Depending on your career goals, you can tailor your program studies with a specialisation in either General Analytics or Marketing Analytics.
Designed with the busy individual in mind, this 100% online course allows you to learn each subject in seven-week blocks. This allows you to study in an accelerated manner, and graduate in as little as two years while working full time.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- Have a recognised bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) with a Weighted Average Mark (WAM) of 65 as determined by the UNSW entry calculator; AND
- Be proficient in the English language
Entry via nested qualification
- For those who do not qualify for direct entry into the master’s program, you may be eligible for entry into the Graduate Certificate in Analytics or the Graduate Diploma in Analytics. Generally, if you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate and/or the Graduate Diploma with a WAM of 65 or above, you can progress to the Masters.
In this analytics course, the subjects you may study include:
- Principles of Programming
- Introductory Data Analysis
- Analytics and Business
- Managing People, Analytics and Change
- Big Data Management#
- Data Visualisation and Communication^
- Predictive Analytics^
- Data and Ethics
General Analytics Specialisation
- Business Analytics and Consulting
- Financial Modelling^
- Decision Making in Analytics^
- General Analytics Capstone
Marketing Analytics Specialisation
- Social Media & Digital Analytics
- Foundation of Marketing Analytics^
- Managing Customer Analytics^
- Marketing Analytics Capstone
^Pre-requisite: Introductory Data Analysis. #Pre-requisite: Principles of Programming.
Why UNSW Online?
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.
Student Admissions Advisors:
Investing in the right program for you is important to us and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Our Student Enrolment Advisors are available to assist you with all your program and enrolment queries.
Student Success Advisors:
Studying online does not mean studying alone. We are here to help you make your difference. Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor (SSA), who is committed to assisting you at every stage, from enrolment through to graduation. Your SSA is on hand to help with all non-academic queries by phone or email.