In a nutshell
The online Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance at UNSW is designed for professionals who want to build on fundamental financial knowledge to tailor their learning through relevant courses and real-world applications.
This course will enable you to apply, manage and lead financial functions with confidence. These skills can be applied at all business levels, and make you stand out in today’s world of finance.
Whether you’re looking to upskill and advance your career, make a change by entering the finance industry, or build a strong foundation to pursue the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation, you can accrue a wealth of financial knowledge and real-world applications through this postgraduate course from one of Australia’s most respected universities.
What you’ll need
To do this course, you'll need:
- A recognised bachelor’s degree (or equivalent qualification) in any discipline; OR
- 3 years of relevant work experience in a commercial or public service organisation related to business, banking, or finance; AND
- To be proficient in the English language.
The Graduate Diploma in Applied Finance comprises eight online subjects. Tailor your studies to align with your professional ambitions and unlock your career goals. Learn to confidently apply financial practices to overcome market challenges and enhance your professional performance, giving you the competitive edge to thrive in the modern financial world.
Students can choose to study either:
- Any 6 Core Subjects (from List A and B), plus 2 available Elective Subjects; OR
- Any 7 Core Subjects (from List A and B), plus 1 available Elective Subjects; OR
- All 8 Core Subjects (from List A and B).
Core subjects – List A:
- International Finance*
- Corporate Finance*
Core subjects – List B:
- Private Equity and Venture Capital*#
- Equity Valuation*
- Fixed Income*
- Ethics and Professional Standards*
- Financial Management*
- Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Business Economics*
- Law Regulation and Ethics
- Technical Tools for FinTech
- FinTech Ecosystems and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- Data Management for FinTech^
- Robo Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^
- Principles of Programming
- Introductory Data Analysis*
Available elective subjects will vary per program and study period. *Subject designed in line with the CFA examination curriculum. The CFA-aligned Master of Applied Finance pathway provides students with a strong grounding to pursue the CFA designation. ^Prerequisite: Technical Tools for Fintech.
Why UNSW Online?
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.
Student Admissions Advisors:
Investing in the right program for you is important to us and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Our Student Enrolment Advisors are available to assist you with all your program and enrolment queries.
Student Success Advisors:
Studying online does not mean studying alone. We are here to help you make your difference. Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor (SSA), who is committed to assisting you at every stage, from enrolment through to graduation. Your SSA is on hand to help with all non-academic queries by phone or email.