In a nutshell
Gain the skills to respond the technological revolution in the financial services industry with the online Master of Financial Technology at UNSW.
This course will help you gain deep insight into the impact of disruptive technological advances, and build knowledge of the latest technology through hands-on experience and applied learning, while understanding the full context of the FinTech landscape. You’ll graduate with a comprehensive understanding of how technology is enhancing, re-imagining and disrupting financial services and markets.
Created and led by academics who are at the forefront of the industry, you can ensure that your online learning experience will be of the highest standard.
Designed with the busy individual in mind, this 100% online course allows you to learn each subject in seven week blocks, allowing you to accelerate your study and graduate in as little as two years.
What you’ll need
To be eligible to study this course, applicants must meet the following entry requirements:
- A recognised bachelor degree (or equivalent qualification) with WAM of 65 or above as determined by the UNSW Entry Calculator in any of the following areas: business, commerce, information systems & technology management, information technology, computer engineering and software engineering; AND
- Be proficient in the English language.
Entry via nested qualification
- For those who do not qualify for direct entry into the master’s program, you may be eligible for entry into the Graduate Certificate in Financial Technology. Generally, if you successfully complete the Graduate Certificate with a WAM of 65 or above, you can progress to the Graduate Diploma and/or Masters.
In this finance course the subjects you may study include:
List A – Core Courses:
- FinTech Ecosystem and Industry Insights
- Decentralised Finance
- RegTech Applications for Banking and Finance
- Tech Disruption in Payments and Transfers
- Tech Disruption in Funding and Lending
- InsurTech and Financial Risk Management
- Technical Tools for FinTech^
- Problem-solving Methods for FinTech^*
- Data Management for FinTech^*
- Robo-Advisory and Portfolio Optimisation^*
- Managing a FinTech Startup#
- Applied FinTech Project#
List B – Elective Courses
- Managing People, Analytics and Change
- Data and Ethics
- Principles of Programming
- Foundations of Cyber Security
- Big Data Management
- Foundations of Data Science
Available elective courses will vary per program and study period
^Courses requiring programming (Python) knowledge. *Pre-requisite: Technical Tools for FinTech. #Capstone courses. Pre-requisite: Completion of 48 Units of Credit (UOC), which is the equivalent of 8 courses. Masters students must complete either Managing a FinTech Startup or Applied FinTech Project.
Why UNSW Online?
Study 100% Online with UNSW. A World Leader.
UNSW is a globally recognised leader in education, with a focus on industry applicable programs. When you study online with UNSW, you can expect to learn from world-class academics and collaborate with ambitious, like-minded individuals.
Study at Australia’s Global University. Anywhere, anytime.
Studying online at UNSW means that you have the flexibility to shape your studies to fit your life and career goals. The programs have been designed with busy working professionals in mind so you can study one course at a time, 100% online & accelerated, whilst working full-time.
Designed by Industry for Industry.
The UNSW online programs have been developed in close consultation with industry experts equipping you with applicable and career-related skills. UNSW is ranked in the top 3 universities in Australia for graduate employability, and is 27th in the world (QS University World Rankings by Graduate Employability, 2020) with each program offering advanced disciplinary depth, giving you access to the latest thinking and current research.
Student Admissions Advisors:
Investing in the right program for you is important to us and we’re here to help you every step of the way. Our Student Enrolment Advisors are available to assist you with all your program and enrolment queries.
Student Success Advisors:
Studying online does not mean studying alone. We are here to help you make your difference. Throughout your study journey, you will be able to turn to your Student Success Advisor (SSA), who is committed to assisting you at every stage, from enrolment through to graduation. Your SSA is on hand to help with all non-academic queries by phone or email.