What does Advertising or Marketing Professional mean?
Advertising or Marketing Professionals are tasked with the development and coordination of advertising strategies and campaigns while also supporting business growth through the execution of marketing objectives. They will also be involved in identifying and developing market opportunities for new and existing goods and services.
Determining the market needs of an organisation, assisting in the generation, implementation and maintenance of market plans as well as promotions, pricing, product development and advertising strategies are also key aspects of an Advertising or Marketing Professional’s responsibilities.
An organisation’s public image is also within the purview of the Advertising or Marketing Professional role and, as such, they are involved in planning and organising publicity campaigns, undertaking or commissioning public opinion research and predicting current and future consumer trends.
What is an Advertising or Marketing Professional's role?
- Planning, developing and implementing advertising and marketing campaigns and policies.
- Analysing data to identify and predict current and future consumer trends.
- Collecting and interpreting data and statistics in order to determine demand and market opportunities for new goods and services.
- Preparing and executing marketing objectives to support business growth and development.
- Advising on strategies and campaigns designed to reach specific target markets, increase consumer awareness and promote key aspects of goods and services.
- Undertaking and commissioning public opinion research in order to plan and implement public relations and publicity campaigns.
- Supervising production of marketing and advertising materials such as artwork, TV production, copywriting and media placement on time and within budget constraints.
Fast Facts - Advertising or Marketing Professional
- Average Age: 34
- Male Share: 39.60%
- Full-Time Share: 77.60%
- Average Hours: 40 hours per week
- Level of Study: A Bachelor Degree or higher
- Average Salary: $1,346 per week Before Tax
- Unemployment Levels: average
- 2015 Employment Numbers: 55,000
- Projected Growth: strong
- 2020 Employment Numbers: 63,600