In a nutshell
A career in human resources (HR) means a career with people. HR professionals focus on developing a positive and healthy workplace culture, supporting professional development, performance management and team effectiveness for a business’ employees. Human resources officers and human resources coordinators strive to help employees, drive culture and support strategic objectives to make the business the best it can be. With in-demand HR and administration skills and an online human resources qualification to back you, you’ll be prepared for any HR role.
With a Certificate IV in Human Resource Management (BSB40420), you’ll be able to support the learning and development of teams and individuals, as well as supporting a business’s human resources department with essential business administration functions. Upskill to become a confident HR officer for your business and take your next step into an HR career by learning to write complex documents, implement work health and safety policies, and support the wide range of human resources functions and processes.
What you’ll learn
- Supporting human resources initiatives
- Leading team effectiveness by supporting learning and development
- Implementing and monitoring WHS policies
- Managing employee relationships and supporting performance management
We’re excited to offer students studying the Certificate IV in Human Resource Management with the College for Adult Learning a full rebate for a FREE one-year AHRI Associate (full-fee) Membership, valued at $396.
As an Associate Member, you’ll have access to valuable resources to support your studies, be able to join programs and events to help you become job-ready, and attend free member-only networking forums to build your professional network and learn about specialist HR topics. Terms and Conditions apply.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisite study requirements for this course.
In this human resource management course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBHRM417 Support human resource functions and processes
- BSBPEF501 Manage personal and professional development
- BSBHRM411 Administer performance development processes
- BSBHRM413 Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- BSBCMM412 Lead difficult conversations
- BSBLDR414 Lead team effectiveness
- BSBPMG430 Undertake project work
- BSBWRT411 Write complex documents
- BSBHRM416 Process payroll
- BSBHRM415 Coordinate recruitment and onboarding
- BSBHRM412 Support employee and industrial relations
- BSBWHS411 Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.