In a nutshell
The Double Diploma of Social Media Marketing (10904NAT) and Marketing and Communication (BSB50620) from College for Adult Learning, is perfect for those looking to equip themselves with both essential social media and marketing skills.
You’ll develop high-level management skills to create marketing plans and strategies, with the hands-on skills to write persuasive content and seek new opportunities to advance your business.
In addition to essential marketing skills, you’ll learn key social media skills to increase your online presence both organically and with paid strategies, build your brand identity on social channels and drive users to your website to become paying customers.
This course is delivered in partnership with Social Media College (SMC), including some training and some support services provided by SMC on behalf of the College for Adult Learning.
You’ll learn how to:
- Identify, evaluate and take advantage of marketing opportunities by analysing market data.
- Develop social media strategies by identifying your audience, choosing the right channels for your purpose.
- Establish organic and paid social media presence to increase brand reach.
- Plan, implement and manage conversion strategies, including copywriting, web asset development, retargeting and email marketing.
What you’ll need
The Diploma of Marketing and Communication (BSB50620) requires students to meet entry requirements to undertake this course. To satisfy the entry requirements for this diploma, you must have either completed the following units:
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBCMM411 - Make presentations
- BSBCRT412 - Articulate, present and debate ideas
- BSBMKG433 - Undertake marketing activities
- BSBMKG435 - Analyse consumer behaviour
- BSBMKG439 - Develop and apply knowledge of communications industry
- Have two years equivalent full-time relevant work experience. You will be required to submit evidence and complete a short eligibility conversation with one of CAL's Learning Coaches.
Find out more in your Course Guide, or speak to one of CAL's Learning Consultants.
The subjects you'll study in this course include:
- NAT10904001 - Plan, implement and manage content marketing
- NAT10904002 - Plan, conduct and optimise organic social media marketing
- NAT10904003 - Plan, manage and optimise paid social media advertising
- NAT10904004 - Establish, build and leverage a personal brand on social media
- NAT10904005 - Plan, implement and manage social media conversion strategies
- SIRXMKT006 - Develop a social media strategy
- BSBPMG430 - Undertake project work
- BSBMKG541 - Identify and evaluate marketing opportunities
- BSBMKG542 - Establish and monitor the marketing mix
- BSBMKG552 - Design and develop marketing communication plans
- BSBMKG555 - Write persuasive copy
- BSBFIN501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- SIRXMKT007 - Develop a digital marketing plan
- BSBCRT512 - Originate and develop concepts
- BSBMKG545 Conduct marketing audits
Why College for Adult Learning?
From building and construction to HR, business management, logistics and more – the College for Adult Learning (CAL) can get you qualified in it all!
The friendly and experienced team at CAL will take the time to understand your existing skills and set you on a learning path that is tailored specifically for you, helping you to achieve your goals faster. All courses are designed in house with one purpose in mind, your success!
Get the right skills, build your confidence and turn theory into practice when you study with The College for Adult Learning.
Feel like you’re truly cared for at the College for Adult Learning! Here, their friendly team will tailor their support services to cater to YOUR needs. Be teamed with a Student Success Advisor who will work closely with you to help get you the best outcomes.
Recent HR graduate Fiona states “I know that if I need support it was available ...the feedback was incredible, very attentive! She spent a lot of time taking me through things that I may have missed.”
When you study with CAL, you’ll be supported by our Real Outcomes Guarantee, ensuring you get real-world results from your studies - not just a piece of paper.
CAL promise to give you all the resources we can to help you achieve your goal, whether that’s to upskill, refocus your career, or get that promotion.