In a nutshell
Studying this online Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (CHC30121) course from Open Colleges will equip you with the skills necessary to excel in the childcare industry. Upon completion of this online course you will learn the required knowledge to interact appropriately with children while fulfilling their emotional, physical and self-care needs.
This program will give you a foundation of education and skills for working with children, including early childhood care. You will also be taught the legal and ethical framework for working in children’s services to aid you in identifying and responding to risk factors.
Gain practical skills
This online course includes a mandatory 120 hours of work placement. Workplace assessments and training must be undertaken in workplace organisations that are suitable for the course. There may be instances where you need to undergo a criminal records check or a Working with Children check. You will also need to have completed and hold a current Basic First Aid certificate, issued by an accredited provider.
What you’ll need
To be eligible for this course applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Understanding of English to atleast a Year 10 level; AND
- Be atleast 18years old; AND
- Basic computing skills; AND
- Have access to digital equipment; AND
- Basic Language, Literacy and Numeracy skills
There are no formal education entry requirements for this course.
In this early childhood education course, the essential areas you will cover include:
- Effectively and confidently care for babies, toddlers and children and support their development during the vitally important early childhood years.
- Promote safe sleep; provide positive nappy-changing, toileting and mealtime experiences; and create a healthy, supportive and safe environment for babies and toddlers.
- Master the art of caring for slightly older children. As part of this, you will learn how to promote kids’ development in a safe, healthy and inspiring manner, as well as how to encourage physical activity and how to help them adjust to change.
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.