In a nutshell
Give your skills around all things business a boost with the BSB50120 Diploma of Business from Open Colleges.
This accredited business course is aimed at aspiring entrepreneurs, as well as those looking to increase their business acumen and improve their career prospects. You will study a variety of business-related topics that’ll basically future-proof your skills, plus have the option to specialise in e-commerce or human resources.
Study online and learn the essentials of business administration, including risk management. You will also master effective communication, and project and meeting management, which can all be used across a number of fields including logistics, marketing, administration and finance.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrollment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
There are no mandatory requirements for enrolling in this course
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note: students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend complex information. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete a qualification at Certificate IV level or higher, or achieve an ACSF Level 4
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet.
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills including the ability to make a short video.
In this business course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBTEC404 - Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBXCM501 - Lead communication in the workplace
- BSBTWK503 - Manage meetings
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBCRT511 - Develop critical thinking in others
- BSBFIN501 - Manage budgets and financial plans
- BSBOPS504 - Manage business risk
- BSBOPS501 - Manage business resources
- BSBHRM525 - Manage recruitment and on-boarding
- BSBSUS511 - Develop workplace policies and procedures for sustainability
- BSBPMG430 - Undertake project work
- BSBTWK401 - Build and maintain business relationships
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.