About this course
Gain entry-level skills for the healthcare sector and give your career a great start with this HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance from Foundation Education.
With coursework provided online, you can fit your study around your 80 hours of practical placement, and progress through the course at your own pace to ensure that you’re getting a solid grasp on the fundamentals of allied health assistance.
You will exit the qualification with a firm understanding of the allied health sector, including basic medical terminology, infection prevention and control procedures, first aid and how to provide a high standard of service to patients.
As part of this course, you will need to organise and complete a minimum of 80 hours of work placement with an allied health professional.
Anyone can apply, however you must have access to a community services environment and a supervisor in order to complete your practical placement.
In this allied health course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWOR204 - Use business technology
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCCS010 - Maintain high standard of service
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTINF001 - Comply with infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- *HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
* This course contains a core unit, HLTAID003 Provide first aid, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Red Cross Australia is a third party training provider who conduct training and assessment services on behalf of Foundation Education.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavours to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit their students’ lifestyles. Since 1999, they’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive quality graduates across each industry, alongside their partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT).
With more than 60 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
Flexible Online Study
Foundation Education’s courses are delivered online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or as little as six months.
Dedicated Student Support
Foundation Education’s industry experienced Technical Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
Industry Relevant Courses
Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Studying with Foundation Education, you will be supported by an experienced trainer currently working in the industry. You will receive ongoing and personalised support with your assignments and career goals, and have access to coaching and advice from industry professionals. With state-of-the-art technology, you will have access to your course materials 24/7, meaning you can truly study when and where you want.