In a nutshell
Gain a nationally recognised qualification in medical administration with no prior experience required in this online BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Medical Administration) course from Foundation Education.
Designed for students with no prior academic or work experience, this course provides the foundation skills and knowledge required to take the first step in a career in medical administration. In this course, you’ll learn how to manage medical accounts and patient records; how to communicate in a workplace; how to follow required privacy and security requirements; and how to use correct medical terminology relevant to your future workplace.
This course is delivered entirely online with hands-on support from Foundation Education’s student support officers. With project-based and case study assessments, you’ll gain real-world experience as you study, and complete this course with the skills required for the workplace.
If you’re an organised and hardworking person who likes helping others, a career in medical administration could be for you. It starts with this qualification.
What you’ll need
There are no entry requirements for this course.
In this business qualification, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBCRT311 — Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 — Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSUS211 — Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 — Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 — Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 — Engage in workplace communication
- BSBWRT311 — Write simple documents
- BSBTEC303 — Create electronic presentations
- BSBPMG430 — Undertake project work
- BSBMED301 — Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED302 — Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 — Maintain patient records
- BSBMED305 — Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.