In a nutshell
Gain a nationally recognised qualification in medical administration with no prior experience required in this online BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Medical Administration) course from Foundation Education.
Designed for students with no prior academic or work experience, this course provides the foundation skills and knowledge required to take the first step in a career in medical administration. In this course, you’ll learn how to manage medical accounts and patient records; how to communicate in a workplace; how to follow required privacy and security requirements; and how to use correct medical terminology relevant to your future workplace.
This course is delivered entirely online with hands-on support from Foundation Education’s student support officers. With project-based and case study assessments, you’ll gain real-world experience as you study, and complete this course with the skills required for the workplace.
If you’re an organised and hardworking person who likes helping others, a career in medical administration could be for you. It starts with this qualification.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
There are no entry requirements for this course.
In this business qualification, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBCRT311 — Apply critical thinking skills in a team environment
- BSBPEF201 — Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBSUS211 — Participate in sustainable work practices
- BSBTWK301 — Use inclusive work practices
- BSBWHS311 — Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCM301 — Engage in workplace communication
- BSBWRT311 — Write simple documents
- BSBTEC303 — Create electronic presentations
- BSBPMG430 — Undertake project work
- BSBMED301 — Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- BSBMED302 — Prepare and process medical accounts
- BSBMED303 — Maintain patient records
- BSBMED305 — Apply the principles of confidentiality, privacy and security within the medical environment
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557