In a nutshell
If you have a passion for improving people’s quality of life and would like to commence a highly rewarding career in healthcare, then this HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) dual qualification from Foundation Education could be a great way to get started. Completing this course will make you a fully qualified Allied Health Assistant, allowing you to work in many different healthcare fields, as well as giving you specialised knowledge in the area of occupational therapy, giving you crucial skills needed to assist individuals or groups to live better by helping them engage in meaningful activities that can help their recuperation from illness, injury or accident.
The course is specially structured a way that will help you finish your studies sooner by combining the practical work component of both qualifications. Initially, you will study subjects required for the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance qualification which will teach you all the crucial industry basics. This is followed by a more comprehensive Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) course which will give you a higher degree of knowledge and allow you to specialise in occupational therapy. On completion, you will be able to follow treatment plans for therapeutic interventions, or conduct treatment programs under the regular direct, indirect or remote supervision of an allied health professional.
Becoming an Allied Health Assistant will provide you with a rewarding, well paid and a secure career in this growing field of healthcare.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
You will need to be at least 16 years old. If you are under 18 your enrolment form will need to be signed by a parent or guardian.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
As this is an online course you will need a reliable PC or a laptop and an internet connection.
When undertaking both qualifications the student must complete at least 120 hours of practical placement with a qualified allied health professional. Please note if you undertake these qualifications separately, you will be required to complete 80 hours in the Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and a further 120 hours in the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance. Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
We will assist you in organising a work placement location of your choosing.
While studying for the dual HLT33015 Certificate III in Allied Health Assistance and HLT43015 Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (Occupational Therapy) qualification from Foundation Education, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- CHCCCS010 - Maintain high standard of service
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTINF006 - Apply basic principles and practices of infection prevention and control
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBINN301 - Promote innovation in a team environment
- BSBWOR204 - Use business technology
- * HLTAID0011 - Provide First Aid
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- BSBINM301 - Organise workplace information
- * HLTAID009 - Perform Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- HLTINF007 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control standards, policies and procedures
- HLTAHA010 - Assist with the development and maintenance of client functional status
- HLTAHA016 - Support the fitting of assistive equipment
*This course contains the units, HLTAID011 Provide First Aid and HLTAID009 Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for these units at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid and CPR certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against these units on your student record. If you have chosen your own third-party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Foundation Education the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557