In a nutshell
Would you like to build a rewarding career assisting allied health professionals to improve the wellbeing of patients? Then the Certificate IV in Allied Health Assistance (HLT43015) from Foundation Education could be for you. Working alongside allied health professionals, you will provide valuable support for patients every day, helping to diagnose, treat and prevent a wide range of illnesses and conditions. No two days are the same for those working in this field, as you’ll need to adapt to each patient’s unique needs – and you’ll also enjoy the fulfilling feeling that comes with helping people maintain or improve their wellbeing.
This online course ensures you have the real-world skills and theoretical understanding to thrive in a career as an allied health assistant. You will complete 120 hours of practical work placement alongside online theory (study anytime from anywhere). This combination of hands-on experience and knowledge-based learning will equip you to step confidently into your first job as an allied health assistant.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements mandated by the training package, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training product will be assessed and advice on suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Students under the age of 18 years require the signed consent of a parent or guardian to enrol in this qualification.
Work Placement Requirements
For mandatory work placement (300 hours, including an initial 50 hours completed in simulation), students must have access to a dental practice and a qualified supervisor i.e. a person who holds Certificate IV in Dental Assisting or higher relevant qualification. Students may need to undertake a Working with Children check to meet individual work placement employer requirements.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In order to complete the on-line part of the course you will need regular access to the following:
Computer: Laptop or desktop computer with working speakers or headphone points
Internet: High speed internet such as Broadband or ADSL, T1/T2, fibre optic
(Dial-up access is not recommended)
Windows : Operating system – Windows 8 or above
Internet Browser – Google Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Internet Explorer 11
MAC : Operating system - OS X 10.14 Mojave or later
Software: Flash, Adobe Reader, Microsoft Word (or Open Office which is free to download)
In this allied health course, the units of competency you may study include:
- HLTAAP001 - Recognise healthy body systems
- HLTAAP002 - Confirm physical health status
- CHCDIV001 - Work with diverse people
- CHCCOM005 - Communicate and work in health or community services
- CHCLEG003 - Manage legal and ethical compliance
- BSBMED301 - Interpret and apply medical terminology appropriately
- HLTWHS002 - Follow safe work practices for direct client care
- HLTAHA001 - Assist with an allied health program
- HLTAHA011 - Conduct group sessions for individual client outcomes
- HLTAHA010 - Assist with the development and maintenance of client functional status
- BSBWOR204 - Use business technology
- BSBINM301 - Organise workplace information
- HLTINF003 - Implement and monitor infection prevention and control policies and procedures
- HLTINF001 - Comply with Infection Prevention and Control Policies and Procedures
- HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
- HLTAID001 - Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.