In a nutshell
If you are a kind and motivated person, passionate about looking after and educating very young children, and need the formal skills and work experience to succeed in the industry, this course could be for you!
The CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care and CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care from Foundation Education is delivered through a mix of online learning and practical work placement, which will provide you with strong employment opportunities in just 3 years.
You’ll learn how to:
- Support children with play-based learning
- Coach and supervise other Educators
- Manage Centre operations and admin tasks
- Use and apply an approved curriculum for learning
The course will take up to to 18 months for the Certificate III and up to 18 months for the Diploma.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements, students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training will be assessed and suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care must be completed before commencing CHC50121 Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
Work Placement Requirements
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at the start of the course.
For mandatory work placement of 440 hours split across both qualifications in a regulated children's education and care service in Australia.
If needed, Foundation Education will assist you to organise a work placement location of your choice.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
For the Certificate III course, subjects you may study include:
- CHCECE030 - Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 - Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 - Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE037 - Support children to connect with the natural environment
- CHCECE038 - Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCECE055 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE056 - Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID012* - Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- BSBSTR401 - Promote innovation in team environments
- HLTFSE001 - Follow basic food safety practices
In the Diploma course, subjects you may study include:
- BSBTWK502 - Manage team effectiveness
- CHCECE041 - Maintain a safe and healthy environment for children
- CHCECE042 - Foster holistic early childhood learning, development and wellbeing
- CHCECE043 - Nurture creativity in children
- CHCECE044 - Facilitate compliance in a children’s education and care service
- CHCECE045 - Foster positive and respectful interactions and behaviour in children
- CHCECE046 - Implement strategies for the inclusion of all children
- CHCECE047 - Analyse information to inform children’s learning
- CHCECE048 - Plan and implement children’s education and care curriculum
- CHCECE049 - Embed environmental responsibility in service operations
- CHCECE050 - Work in partnership with children’s families
- CHCPRP003 - Reflect on and improve own professional practice
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBHRM413 - Support the learning and development of teams and individuals
- CHCECE053 - Respond to grievances and complaints about the service
*This course contains the unit, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against this unit on your student record. If you have chosen your own third-party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Foundation Education the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557