In a nutshell
If you’re looking to formalise your competence in caring for children, the nationally recognised CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Family Day Care) from Foundation Education will provide you with the skills you need to work both in a Family Day Care home environment or be part of a larger more structured setting.
You’ll learn how to:
- Nurture toddlers and babies
- Support the health, well-being and safety of children
- Support children’s holistic learning and development
- Use an approved learning framework for teaching
With 160 hours of practical assessment work in a registered childcare facility, it will help further your career in child care with strong employment prospects after graduation.
This nationally recognised course is both flexible and online, and can be completed in just 18 months.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements , students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training will be assessed and suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Work Placement Requirements
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at the start of the course.
For mandatory work placement (160 hours), students must have access to a regulated education and care service provider AND access to a qualified supervisor (a person who has a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent).
If needed, Foundation Education will assist you to organise a work placement location of your choice.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In this course, subjects you may do include:
- CHCECE030 - Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 - Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 - Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE037 - Support children to connect with the natural environment
- CHCECE038 - Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCECE055 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE056 - Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID012* - Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCECE039 - Comply with family day care administration requirements
- CHCECE040 - Attend to daily functions in home-based child care
*This unit must be completed at an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement with Red Cross Australia so students can receive a reduced rate to do it with them.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education is one of the few Registered Training Organisations (RTO) in Australia who endeavour to deliver flexible online training solutions designed to fit our students’ lifestyle. Since 1999, we’ve been focused on providing excellence in Vocational Education and Training and building partnership networks that drive the quality of graduates across each industry, with our partner RTO, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT). With more than 30 nationally recognised certificate and diploma level courses on offer, the Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – Courses that don’t require a practical placement are delivered 100% online so you can study whenever and wherever suits you. This also gives you the flexibility to choose your course length – whether that be the full term of your course or completing your study in as little as six months.
- Dedicated Student Support – Our industry experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation. You can use them as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to equip you with the job-ready skills and up-to-date knowledge required to support your career goals.
Foundation Education RTO# 22557
Foundation Education provides a dedicated student support team throughout your studies. Whether it is access to experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors or general Support Officers, we will support you from enrolment right through to graduation. You can use our team as often or as little as you like either via email or the telephone at no extra cost.