In a nutshell
If you’re looking to formalise your competence in caring for children, the nationally recognised CHC30121 Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care (Family Day Care) from Foundation Education will provide you with the skills you need to work both in a Family Day Care home environment or be part of a larger more structured setting.
You’ll learn how to:
- Nurture toddlers and babies
- Support the health, well-being and safety of children
- Support children’s holistic learning and development
- Use an approved learning framework for teaching
With 160 hours of practical assessment work in a registered childcare facility, it will help further your career in child care with strong employment prospects after graduation.
This nationally recognised course is both flexible and online, and can be completed in just 18 months.
Please note: This is a fee-for-service program.
What you’ll need
Whilst there are no formal entry requirements , students’ skills and capabilities to undertake this training will be assessed and suitability will be provided during the pre-enrolment process.
Work Placement Requirements
Students must apply for their Working with Children check at the start of the course.
For mandatory work placement (160 hours), students must have access to a regulated education and care service provider AND access to a qualified supervisor (a person who has a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care or equivalent).
If needed, Foundation Education will assist you to organise a work placement location of your choice.
You will need to be a permanent Australian resident or equivalent.
In this course, subjects you may do include:
- CHCECE030 - Support inclusion and diversity
- CHCECE031 - Support children’s health, safety and wellbeing
- CHCECE032 - Nurture babies and toddlers
- CHCECE033 - Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- CHCECE034 - Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- CHCECE035 - Support the holistic learning and development of children
- CHCECE036 - Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- CHCECE037 - Support children to connect with the natural environment
- CHCECE038 - Observe children to inform practice
- CHCECE054 - Encourage understanding of Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander peoples’ cultures
- CHCECE055 - Meet legal and ethical obligations in children’s education and care
- CHCECE056 - Work effectively in children’s education and care
- CHCPRT001 - Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- HLTAID012* - Provide First Aid in an education and care setting
- HLTWHS001 - Participate in workplace health and safety
- CHCECE039 - Comply with family day care administration requirements
- CHCECE040 - Attend to daily functions in home-based child care
*This course contains the unit, HLTAID012 Provide First Aid in an education and care setting, which must be completed through an external RTO. Foundation Education has an agreement in place with Red Cross Australia (RTOID 3605) which allows students to receive training for this unit at a reduced price. Please note that the cost of this external training is not included in any of your course fees. Upon completion, you will need to submit a copy of your first aid certificate in order for us to process a Credit Transfer against this unit on your student record. If you have chosen your own third-party provider, you must submit a certified copy of your certificate. If you have undertaken training with Red Cross Australia, you must forward Foundation Education the email you receive which contains the electronic copy of your certificate.
Why Foundation Education?
Foundation Education provides students with access to quality vocational education and employment opportunities alongside their sister brand, the Australian Institute of Personal Trainers (AIPT), and a robust network of industry partners all around Australia.
With courses designed by industry experts, you'll gain the knowledge and experience to graduate with the job-ready skills employers seek. Plus, you can learn at your pace and place with flexible study options.
Whether you're interested in a career as a Dental Assistant, Teacher Aide, Office Manager, Physiotherapy Assistant, or something else, Foundation Education has a vocational study option to take you where you want to go.
The Foundation Education difference means:
- Flexible Online Study – The theoretical component of the courses can be completed online at your own pace.
- Dedicated Student Support – Industry-experienced Subject Advisors, Assessors and Support Officers will support you from enrolment through to graduation.
- Industry Relevant Courses – Course material is developed in consultation with industry experts to provide you with comprehensive skills and knowledge required to graduate job-ready.
- National Recognised Training - Every Certificate and Diploma offered is nationally recognised and accredited, meeting established industry needs and national quality assurance requirements.
Foundation Education RTO 22557