In a nutshell
Please note: This course is not free or subsidised by the government. It is fee-for-service only.
Do you have an aptitude for technology and are looking for a future-proof career but don’t know where to start? This flexible, 100% online ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology qualification from the MCI Institute will give you all the basic skills and knowledge to embark on a rewarding career in IT.
This course is designed for people looking to get their start in this growing and exciting industry. Aside from all the IT basics, this course focuses on cyber security skills which will make your qualification much more valuable and give you access to roles involved in keeping data safe and businesses compliant with privacy laws. You will learn essential skills such as how to securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information, how to identify IP, ethics, and privacy policies in ICT environments, how to apply introductory programming techniques and how to identify and report online security threats.
This qualification will ensure that on completion you are fully prepared to tackle all issues involved in entry-level IT positions, as well as giving you ability to improve your skills by engaging in further study.
While there is no government funding available for this course, MCI Institute offers a number of easy payment plans starting from as little as $61.54 per week.
What you’ll need
There are no formal prerequisites for this course - anyone can apply!
While completing the ICT30120 Certificate III in Information Technology qualification from the MCI Institute, you may study the following subjects:
- BSBCRT301 - Develop and extend critical and creative thinking skills
- BSBXCS303 - Securely manage personally identifiable information and workplace information
- BSBXTW301 - Work in a team
- ICTICT313 - Identify IP, ethics, and privacy policies in ICT environments
- ICTPRG302 - Apply introductory programming techniques
- ICTSAS305 - Provide ICT advice to clients
- BSBPEF201 - Support personal wellbeing in the workplace
- BSBWHS311 - Assist with maintaining workplace safety
- BSBXCS302 - Identify and report online security threats
- BSBXCS402 - Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices
- BSBXCS403 - Contribute to cyber security threat assessments
- ICTSAS215 - Protect and secure information assets
Why MCI Institute?
Courses in Accounting, Business, Leadership, WHS and more, MCI Institute can get you recognised in it all!
MCI is an award-winning, education provider, proudly taking home 30 awards in the last 15 years, including placing on the 2018 AFR Most Innovative Companies List. They make education within your reach through supported online delivery so you can study anywhere, anytime, to achieve your career goals.
With close ties to corporate Australia, MCI strive for success and strive to help their students succeed by maintaining the only the highest international education standards.
Even though you’re studying online, you’re never alone with MCI Institute! They offer students access to support teams who will make sure you’re on track with your studies and your wellbeing is in-check. From time management tips to how to increase motivation and even nutritional tips, MCI’s online support program will help you stay on track every step of the way to graduation day.