In a nutshell
If you’ve always seen yourself as a good organiser and problem solver, and would like to pursue a career in business administration, then this BSB30120 Certificate III in Business (Records & Information Management) qualification from Open Colleges could be an ideal first step to take.
This course is specifically designed to cater to individuals who lack prior experience but aspire to kick-start their career in records and information management. By enrolling in this course, participants will acquire fundamental skills essential for effectively utilising knowledge management systems, managing records, retrieving information, and honing critical thinking skills. Additionally, this course will also focus on improving workplace communication skills, which are crucial for success in any business sector or branch. This course is delivered 100% online, allowing you to balance study with your lifestyle.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrolment with Open Colleges.
What you’ll need
There are mandatory entry requirements for enrolling in this course.
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g., mobile phone/smartphone.
While completing this course, you will cover the following essential areas:
- Organise workplace information
- Control and maintain records
- Retrieve information from records
- Assist with WHS
- Participate in sustainable work practices
- Communicate in the workplace
- Apply critical thinking
- Support personal wellbeing at work
- Use business software
- Design and produce business documents
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.