In a nutshell
If you’re looking to get qualified and launch your career in the world of business, this online BSB40120 Certificate IV in Business course is the ideal qualification. Offered entirely online by Open Colleges, this course covers the skills and knowledge needed in today’s fast-paced and modern office environment.
Learn how to effectively coordinate business resources, lead a diverse workforce and recruit staff that fit into your company culture. You will also develop a range of key business skills such as pitching products and services, analysing research and writing complex documents.
Upon completion of this course you will walk away with a nationally recognised qualification and the skills to work within a range of companies and business environments.
PLEASE NOTE – Open Colleges is a privately-run RTO, not government-run like a TAFE, so they cannot offer government funding. Please check eligibility requirements before beginning an enrollment with Open Colleges.
Learn with Open Colleges and open yourself up to a new world.
What you’ll need
There are no mandatory requirements for enrolling in this course
It is recommended that students:
- Are 18 years old (note students under 18 will need permission from a parent or guardian to enrol)
- Have language, literacy and numeracy skills that ensure the ability to read and comprehend technical terms and communicate effectively through email. These skills are equivalent to those that would be required to successfully complete Year 12 or ACSF Level 3, or
- Have completed a qualification at Certificate III level or higher
- Have access to a modern computer with video / audio playback capabilities and high-speed internet
- Have access to Microsoft Office or equivalent
- Have basic computing skills, including ability to make a short video
- Have access to a digital video recording device to save and upload video/image files to OpenSpace, e.g. smartphone.
In this business course, the subjects you may study include:
- BSBTEC404 - Use digital technologies to collaborate in a work environment
- BSBOPS405 - Organise business meetings
- BSBPEF502 - Develop and use emotional intelligence
- BSBWRT411 - Write complex documents
- BSBCRT411 - Apply critical thinking to work practices
- BSBXCM401 - Apply communication strategies in the workplace
- BSBXTW401 - Lead and facilitate a team
- BSBPEF402 - Develop personal work priorities
- BSBWHS411 - Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs
- BSBSUS411 - Implement and monitor environmentally sustainable work practices
- BSBOPS404 - Implement customer service strategies
- BSBTWK401 - Build and maintain business relationships
Why Open Colleges?
Open Colleges has been helping Australians realise their potential for over 125 years, and they're now one of Australia's leaders in online education. In the last decade alone, they've helped over 450,000 students gain the skills to launch, change or take the next step in their careers.
The common misconception is that studying online means that you’re studying alone, but at Open Colleges, they take great pride in the superior support provided to their students. They make it easy for you to get support when you need it with their student support team available Monday to Friday via email, phone and Live Chat and on the weekends, via Live Chat (when available). They’re here, in tandem with trainers and assessors, to make sure you’re supported the whole way through your course, from the time you enrol right through to your graduation.