In a nutshell
If you are working as a tradie or want to, this Certificate IV in Building and Construction (Building) from Builders Academy Australia could be your first step towards starting your own business and preparing for the builders registration.
The course can be delivered via either physical (across Victoria) or virtual classroom environments (throughout Australia).
There are 2 separate streams for this course:
- Standard Stream: For people with less than 3 years experience – part-time, two nights per week of facilitator-led classes for 45 weeks; OR
- Experienced Stream: For people will 3+ years of industry experience – part-time, two nights per week of faciliator-led classes for 38 weeks.
Students may require up to 8 hours per week outside of class to complete additional learning and assessments, but this will vary depending on each learner.
Government Funding is available to eligible individuals. Enquire now to find out more.
Learn how to start your own building business with the Certificate IV in Building & Construction (CPC40110).
What you’ll need
This course has 2 separate streams based on years of industry experience.
Builders Academy Australia uses a learning management system for online course delivery and assessment submission, so you must have a computer with Microsoft Word and Excel, plus Acrobat Reader, and internet access.
Students will need to have access to the following tools:
- Optical or Laser Level
In this building & construction course, the subjects you may study include:
- CPCCBC4001 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 1 and 10 buildings
- CPCCBC4002 - Manage work health and safety in the building and construction workplace
- CPCCBC4007 - Plan building and construction work
- CPCCBC4008 - Supervise site communication and administration processes for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4009 - Apply legal requirements to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010 - Apply structural principles to residential and commercial constructions
- CPCCBC4012 - Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC4014 - Prepare simple building sketches and drawings
- CPCCBC4018 - Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4053 - Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for Class 2 to 9 Type C buildings
Why Builders Academy Australia?
When it comes to receiving a top-notch learning experience, look no further than the construction experts at Builders Academy Australia (BAA). With a reputation for ‘turning tradies into legends’, you can trust Builders Academy Australia to equip you with the right technical and theoretical skills to succeed on any job site.
Each of their nationally accredited courses in building and construction, plumbing and more, are led by qualified trainers who will share their real-world insights with you.
BAA is part of Simonds Homes, one of Australia’s largest homebuilders, which means that students will have the opportunity to develop strong ties with industry professionals and start building their dream career – literally!
Builders Academy Australia (BAA) is all about ensuring their students get a positive learning experience! BAA’s student welfare and support services include academic support, non-academic support and additional support to special needs students.
BAA has a dedicated Student Welfare Coordinator part of their team, who will regularly touch base with each trainer to identify any students with special needs or may require welfare support.
After extra study support? Turn BAA’s friendly training managers, senior trainers or assessors who will guide you through your learning journey.